5 Reasons to Survey Your Customers
In a perfect world, you’d know exactly what your customers were thinking and could give them exactly what they want at all times. Unfortunately, things don’t quite work this way, so you’ve got to use the tools you have available to find out more about your customers. The availability of online surveys today anyone can create an effective customer survey in a matter of minutes or hours without a degree in market research. Our retention marketing team came up with 5 great reasons to survey your customers. I thought I’d share them with you.
5 Reasons to Send a Survey:
1. Get Feedback: Ask your customers what they honestly think about your products, services, events or marketing. You won’t know until you ask. The knowledge you gain will be invaluable to your business.
2. Set the Bar: Surveys allow you to look at your business at a certain moment in time. Benchmark how you are doing in different aspects of your business and make goals to improve or maintain that status over time.
3. Evaluate the Competition: Ask what other products or services your customers use, find out why or what they enjoy about them. Doing this, will allow you to awareness of the alternatives in your market and how best to compete.
4. Learn New Ideas: Your customers are an untapped resource for you. They are smart, creative and likely have ideas that you haven’t thought of. Just think about all cool ideas you can get from the people that matter most and know your business!
5. Guide Business Decisions: Using surveys you can gather information that is helpful in making informed business decisions. The feedback you get from your customers can guide you in future product, marketing, or organizational decisions–both big and small.
Feeling compelled to send a survey now? Good, I’m happy to tell you that creating and launching an online survey is extremely easy! I’ve created a few (using VerticalResponse of course) and came up with new blog topics, webinar ideas, and even stats to share with customers.