Hello Charles & Mary,
I checked your website keeping in mind throughout my visit the question of "why should I sell/buy products here?". To be frank I didn`t find something specific to encourge me apart from mentioning that I don`t need to add my CC details. However, I have the following comments that I guess by answering to them through your website can help it become better:
- The issue of not posting CC details is tied to the credibility of the buyer/seller...how can you provide credibility if you are always mentioning that "you won`t ask any questions"?
- You are asking for "paid" advertising....I think since the website is still starting up you need to give some free offers to drive some traffic...
- Try to add some sample products maybe real products that any of your family or friends wish to buy/sell.....this will make the website more alive..
- The navigational links disappear whenever I enter any of sub links....I am not supposed to use the browser back bottom to get them again...this is very inconvenient...you have to add them on every page
- again, you are also charging people to list their products. Even if it only 65 cents, I think you shouldn`t have that....just let people post their products for free and you can then start to benefit from the increased traffic on the site through advertisments or the successful buying/selling leads...
- People should be able to post their products details AND images easily and without your intervension.....I find it a waste to time to have to contact you to upload images or so...and this can be done easily with a few lines of code ...
- try to use some imagery and/or a simple logo in the website design....this will make it more alive and attractive
Overall I think your website needs to be converted into an e-commerce application and you can disable any credit card payment options. I already utilize in my business an e-commerce application where I can setup payment to manual: bank draft, cheque, e-cheque or online using any combination of CC types or a combination of both...
On another note, I checked your profile and it says: "What I do for a living: Promote Trade-City.com"...this is a totally different website ...please change it (this usually happens to me because my domain is .net too )
Hope my comments help
Good luck in your business,