Questions for Hiring a Potential New Publicist
Prior to talking to a public relations agency, it’s important to conduct research, review credentials, look for client testimonials, and review your specific goals. This will give you a better idea of what to ask a potential new publicist and what to expect from specific PR activities.
Here are some potential interview questions to help you get started:
- Who will I be working with at your organization and what is that person's experience?
- Will more than one person at your organization be helping me, or will I have one, central point of contact?
- How can you help my small business build awareness and reach my specific goals?
- How long do you think it will be before I see results?
- What services are included in your fees?
- Do you have some references I can contact?
- Do you provide any guarantees or discounts?
- Why should I use you for my public relations needs instead of another organization?
- How do your contracts usually work?
- Is there a way to have a trial period before making an actual commitment? Will I be able to end our contract if I am not happy with your services?
Small business owners will want to ask any other questions pertinent to their unique situation and needs.