50 of the Best Twitter Applications and Resources For Small Business Owners
I didn’t like Twitter at first. I thought it was random, and stupid, and a waste of time, and so right after I first signed up I deleted my account.
But after a while I kept hearing the testimonials from people who loved Twitter and so I thought I would give it another shot. I’m glad I did, because I have become a Twitter believer.
1. It enables me to see what’s going on in the world, in my community and in my market, in real time. About a month ago I thought I felt an earthquake! My house was rolling and rocking, my blinds and chandeliers were swaying back and forth. I went to Twitter and said “I think I felt an earthquake!” “Me too,” said several people… Through Twitter we discovered there had been an earthquake in our area. And that news came to us instantaneously, long before it was announced on a television news or radio station.
2. Twitter enables me to establish visibility and credibility, in my community, marketplace and world. Through Twitter I share small business marketing tips that get “retweeted” frequently.
3. Twitter enables me to make new connections and build and valuable relationships, while at the same time keeping in contact with current relationships. It’s quicker than a phone call and getting more efficient all the time.
4. Twitter enables me to get the word out about my clients businesses in a meaningful way. Through Twitter my clients have gained new customers, kept current customers up to date, and even garnered media attention. It’s been a valuable tool in our marketing strategy.
Here are 50 Twitter applications and resources that I like to use when I’m managing Twitter for myself and my clients. Do you have a favorite Twitter application or resource? If so, please list it here!
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of these sites. Also, because things change so quickly, some of these links may be broken or these sites may not be available any longer. Kindly post comment and we will make changes.
Find Followers & Followees:
2. Tweepz: http://www.tweepz.com
5. Streetmavens: http://usa.streetmavens.com
7. Journalist Tweets: http://journalisttweets.com
8. Media on Twitter: http://www.mediaontwitter.com
9. Muck Rack: http://www.muckrack.com
10. Listorius: http://listorious.com
11. Twitter advanced search: http://search.twitter.com/advanced
12. Journalist Tweets: http://journalisttweets.com
13. Media on Twitter: http://www.mediaontwitter.com
Manage Twitter on Your Computer:
14. Tweet Deck: http://tweetdeck.com
15. Seesmic Desktop: http://seesmic.com/seesmic_desktop
17. Nambu: http://www.nambu.com
18. Tweetie: http://www.atebits.com/tweetie-mac
Manage Twitter on Your Mobile Phone:
19. OpenBeak: http://www.orangatame.com/products/openbeak
20. Tiny Twitter: http://www.tinytwitter.com
21. HootSuite: http://hootsuite.com/android
22. TwitDroid: http://twidroid.com
23. NanoTweeter: http://code.google.com/p/nanotweeter
24. Twitter for iPhone: http://www.itunes.com
25. Echophone: http://www.echofon.com/twitter/iphone
27. HootSuite: http://www.hootesuite.com
28. Twuffer: http://www.twuffer.com
29. Social Oomph: http://www.socialoomph.com
30. Ping.fm: http://ping.fm
Personalize Your Twitter Background:
31. TwitrBackgrounds: http://www.twitrbackgrounds.com
32. Twitrounds: http://twitrounds.com
33. TwitBacks: http://www.twitbacks.com
Market Your Small Biz with Twitter Applications:
35. Easy Tweets: Promote your biz: https://easytweets.com
36. Twitjump: Monitor your brand: http://www.twitjump.com
37. Listorius: Find the top lists to follow: http://listorious.com
39. Twt Apps: Applications especially for businesses: http://twtapps.com
Just for Fun!
40. Twittersheep: http://twittersheep.com
41. Playtwivia: http://twitter.com/playtwivia
42. Tweetbomb: http://twitter.com/tweetbomb
45. My Tweet Cloud:
Twitter Tips and How To’s
49. Twitter Power 2.0, by Joel Comm (book)
Wendy Kenney is a nationally known Buzz Building Expert and the Founder and CEO of 23 Kazoos, a marketing firm specializing in inexpensive and creative small business marketing strategies. She has honed her marketing skills through over 26 years of entrepreneurship and business management.
Wendy just released her new book called “How to Build Buzz for Your Biz- Tap into the Power of Social Media, Publicity and Relationship Marketing to Grow Your Business” based on her knowledge of what works and what does not work in small business marketing. This book features practical and low cost marketing strategies, such as “How to Grow Your Business Using Social Media,” as well as valuable links, resources, and tips.
Wendy frequently speaks to organizations about marketing for small business. To get more information or to schedule Wendy to speak go to: Business Marketing Speaker
Claim your free download (no email necessary) on Wendy’s website: 23 Kazoos