How do you define success?
How do you define success? Success is all about having the right mindset. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of a dozen quotes about success from some of history’s most successful people and one inspirational movie character. Together they paint a clear picture of the mindset they had when achieving their success.
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” – Mark Twain
- “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
- “It is the satisfaction of doing it for yourself and motivating others to work with you in bringing it about. It is about the fun, innovation, creativity with the rewards being far greater than purely financial.” – Richard Branson
- “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
- “Success in life could be defined as the continued expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worthy goals.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Success is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “Seventy percent of success in life is showing up.” – Woody Allen
- “Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
As you plan your success seek inspiration from others who have blazed the trail before you! Success very often can be found in your own state of mind. So how do you define success?