My developing business is scheduled to launch in less than six months. I’m getting ready to hire a designer for my logo, and I want to develop all the other branding text and visuals that will be printed on forms, business cards, brochures, and other marketing materials.
The basic concept of my business model is this:
Define a significant goal of your dreams and get help in accomplishing it “before your next birthday.”
For those who haven’t yet thought about their life plan and goals, I am developing a process of transition. It would also lay the groundwork for aspiring entrepreneurs who haven’t fully developed their business ideas and aren’t confident that their personal finances and home lifestyle would allow them to quit their day job.
The transitional Before Your Next Birthday package will focus on four life planning strategies:
· Fitness & Health (Create a plan to eat good things you like [no dieting], get enough sleep, exercise regularly, live a healthy lifestyle, and schedule health maintenance appointments.)
· Financial Organization & Planning (Get your affairs in order, assess your situation, reduce debt, control spending, set financial goals, and streamline your systems for handling expenses, savings, and investments.)
· Personal Organization & Inventory (If a hurricane were 8 hours away, would you be able to gather all the important papers, photos, and mementos you’d want to take with you?)
· Life Plan Development (You’re not getting any younger – if you want to travel, write a book, start a business, build your dream house, or learn a language, instrument, sport, dance, or art skill, you’d better put together a plan now.)
What I’m offering is
· Personal assessment of your starting situation
· Life planning strategies & action plans
· An agent to oversee your plan and provide accountability & follow-up
· An assessment team to provide feedback, advice, motivation, and resource referral
· A personalized portfolio to organize your plans, identify your style, and document your progress
· A structure for what to do next & a timeline for meeting your deadline
· An event plan to showcase/celebrate your achievement
My target market is primarily baby boomers, but might also include others in life transition.
The brand image I ultimately want to convey is one of celebrity treatment. Clients will have an agent and access to various members of an assessment team – including personal trainer, financial advisor, professional organizer, voice coach, and image consultant. An event will be planned to celebrate the client’s accomplishments and will replicate the exciting atmosphere of an opening night premiere, complete with red carpet, limo service, and paparazzi.
So what kind of comments and tagline ideas does this concept evoke?