Oh here it goes,
First of all? before you jump on your MS Word, ask yourself a few questions:
- What am I trying to protect?
- Who am I protecting myself from?
- Will I be using cookies or sessions to store customer`s data? do I want to tell the customer?
- Will I be collecting Personal Information?
- What about Billing Info and Credit Card? How do I handle Credit Cards?
Youre going to need: (if its an Ecommerce Site)
- Shipping and Handling / Returns
In your privacy statement:
just assure that customer that you won`t sell their information and that you protect their information and that you do not sell it to third parties.
: Basically what you expect from the customer. They are different than a privacy statement
Shipping and Handling: Well spell out how you want to handle returns. You can have the customer call in and request an RMA (Returned Merchandise Acceptance). If they have to pay for their shipping or not. What is acceptable and what`s not... for example since you sell Jewelry, are you going to accept any type of earings back? what about tounge rings? and so forth?
Just spell out how you will run your business.... thats all, you don`t need a lawyer...
Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!