Learn practical and proven simple tips to successfully getting media coverage for your business. Hear the advice of public relations mastermind, Kathleen Gratehouse from Borders+Gratehouse, StartupNation’s PR firm, to become a master of PR yourself.
Her seven tips are:
- Be relevant and timely to what’s happening nationally or in your community .
- Lead with your news hook- it’s the best way to get a reporter’s attention. Don’t bury the lead!
- Anticipate the “so what?” question- why should a reporter care? Unique, interesting, part of a trend, etc… remember you need to sell your story.
- Know what a blogger or reporter is looking for- match your story pitch to a reporter’s interest and beat.
- Build a relationship with reporters and bloggers; comment on their articles, compliment (if sincere) on posts or articles; ask about areas of interest and follow up with story suggestions and angles.
- Always be ready, fast turnaround is critical.
- Subscribe to free services like HARO- Help a Reporter Out- to get regular alerts with reporters looking for sources; also a great way to measure what’s “hot” in the media.
Tune in to Gratehouse and StartupNation’s Rich Sloan as they discuss real-world examples of how to put the tips to work.