We interview Brandie Kajino, The Home Office Organizer, to clear our heads and our desks on exactly how to get organized, gain peace of mind, and become more effective in running a business.
Here are the 7 tips we go over in this short episode:
- Know your paper: Action, Project & Archives
- Bookkeeping - keep it straight now, you'll be glad you did
- Backup - you are backing up your files, right? If not, it's only a matter of time before you lose them
- Keep track of projects - how are you doing? what is left to be done?
- "Clean sweep" your inbox - less email frees up your time to do what's important
- Sort & edit the filing cabinet - chances are, there are many things in there you don't need
- Business/Contact cards: what to do with them