StartupNation’s Rich Sloan walks discusses text messaging and how you can put it to work for your small business. It’s effective, economical and immediate (read: “efficient”). This communications channel may just be perfect for you as you try to find new and better ways to reach out to your customers.
It’s a permission marketing tool, without a lot of the downsides of email, which these days, goes hand in hand with “spam.” The guest is Jordan Gilman who is co-founder of Texthub, another hot-to-trot company that grew up in the ranks of the StartupNation community and was launched earlier in 2008.
Gilman provides these pointers for business owners considering deploying text messaging solution:
- All messages should have a personalized greeting in front of it like, “Hi, Rich,…”
- Ability to break your users into groups to select who gets what
- Ability to schedule messages for a later time
- Unlimited sending
- Ability for users to reply
- Smart logic on replies so they can reply to various keywords and sentences
- Ability for a response to be sent via email, forwarded or posted to a web site/web service
Gilman’s bottom line
Your solution should do more than just send text messages - otherwise you might as well use your phone.