We unlock the mystery of successful e-commerce on eBay by interviewing a panel of three successful eBay-preneurs.
Listen and learn as the panel discusses how they have achieved their success by navigating what we have outlined as the “ 10 Steps to Starting & Growing a Business on eBay ”.
- Life Plan before Business Plan
- Even an eBay business requires a Business Plan
- Select the right business
- Developing your brand identity – what are you known for?
- Need to raise money?
- Organize logistics
- Open for Business – attracting first customers
- Creating customer loyalty and repeat customers – customer service is king
- The importance of grassroots marketing and PR
- Sell, Sell, Sell
Some interesting eBay Statistics
- In the first six months of 2005, eBay members in the U.S. sold merchandise worth approximately $10.6 billion .
- More than 724,000 Americans report that eBay is their primary or secondary source of income.
- In 2004, 135 million registered users traded more than $34 billion worth of goods.
Photos from the Live Broadcast
The Sloan brothers on stage at eBay Live 2005 with our panelists.
Packed audience for the live broadcast of Startupnation Radio at eBay Live 2005.
The Sloan brothers, Rich (left) and Jeff (right), at the StartupNation booth.