Contestant's Case to Win
This is based on the number of votes received.
is part Internet marketing consulting firm, part affiliate marketing branding company and part blog. Sugarrae is owned and managed by Rae Hoffman, a recognized thought leader in the Internet marketing arena listed in this years top 100 most influential online marketers. Sugarrae teaches others how to market their website via their often controversial blog and does occasional consulting for large companies and corporations. Primarily, Sugarrae builds, markets and operates numerous websites both under its own brand and as co-owner of MFE Interactive
, which achieve millions of page views each month combined. Additionally, Sugarrae owns part of Outspoken Media, Inc., an Internet marketing company
that specializes in several online marketing avenues including reputation management and social media services.
* Regular speaker, WebmasterWorld PubCon
* Invited Guest, Yahoo Search Relevancy Panel, Yahoo Corporate Headquarters
* Regular Speaker, Search Engine Strategies
* Regular Speaker, Search Marketing Expo
* Regular Columnist, Search Engine Land
* Invited Guest, Google Search Relevancy Panel, Google Corporate Headquarters
* Former Moderator, YPN and Link Development Forums, WebmasterWorld.com
* Listed at #56 in the top 100 most influential online marketers of 2008 by Invesp
* Listed at #6 in the top 10 most influential women of 2008 in Canadian social media (Sugarrae's subsidiary company, MFE Interactive, is located in Canada)
I'm a single mom to three fantastic children and they are what drives me to be as successful as I've been able to be. In 1997, when my son was two weeks old, he suffered a massive bilateral stroke that led me on the path to becoming an Internet marketer
(with a specialty in SEO
and affiliate marketing
). Sugarrae and MFE Interactive both have physical locations (in Florida and Canada), but I still work primarily from home. While I fell into the industry by chance, I can't imagine doing anything else.
I'm outspoken and unapologetic for my strong personality and (sometimes) brutal honesty. I often am caught quoting Laura Thatcher Ulrich's "Well behaved women rarely make history."
My general belief is that anything you want in life is there for the taking - you just have to commit yourself to working for it. I try to drive myself, and others, to be not only the best they can be, but to be as true to themselves as they can be.
This includes my children.
I hope that my daughter grows up to be a strong woman, that my youngest son grows up to be a man who looks for a strong woman and that both of them grow up with the compassion and patience to take care of their brother for as long as we're lucky enough to have him in our lives.