a list of things of what to do in order to open music store/venue would be very helpful.
There is no standard list of what to do in order to open any business. However, some general advice:
1) Plan your business first.
2) Understand your legal requirements.
3) Include a marketing plan.
4) Create a complete financial plan that includes startup budget, first year budget, and 3-5 year plan.
5) Put your plan into action.
We recently published an article, "Starting a Business? Steps to Startup Success" that expands on these steps.
In every business it is very important to make a feasibility study of the proposed business. This way you get to know the steps you need to do for the business to do good and the pros and cons of that type of business. It is impotant to consider a great location too for any type of business.
For a venue (off the top of my head):
2) PA & Monitor system
4) Sound Engineer
7) Poster Printing
8) Website + blog
9) Facebook/Myspace page
10) Email autoresponder for your mailing list
11) Great bands that draw a crowd
Other costs associated with a brick and mortar venue: