Contestant's Case to Win
This is based on the number of votes received and does not reflect the quality of the business or chances of winning.
We are a California based jewelry and accessories store (online only). I started the business three years with the silk accessories line while doing my day job at a large retailer. I quit my job three months ago to re-launch and build the business. Here is what I've accomplished in the past 3 months:
- Wrote the business plan. Decided to expand into the seemingly overcrowded fashion jewelry industry because I think there is opportunity for a store with a curated selection of jewelry in the under $50 price point.
- Added 200+ new jewelry styles to the store by sourcing from various artisans whom I met at industry trade shows as well as wholesale vendors.
- To manage my limited capital, I took classes in product photography and Photoshop and invested in a home studio so I could take professional images. Almost all the images you see on the site were taken and edited by me.
- I manage the site via BigCommerce and had some freelance help in tweaking the site design to make it look professional.
- Had a professional logo designed and incorporated the logo into branded packaging - tags with a black ribbon, buttercup yellow tissue and logo stickers as shown in our profile picture.
- To create awareness, I am currently working with over 50 fashion and lifestyle bloggers in promoting the brand.
Iâ€™ve done the grunt work, invested in inventory and orders have started to come in at a much faster pace than they did in the past.
Looking forward to the exposure to help me take the business to the next level.
If you have feedback on our site or products, feel free to get in touch via the contact us link on the site. If you like what you see, please help us spread the word and vote for us.