Your first step should be to write out an "overview" of the business,
and how it would work. Sit back and close your eyes, to imagine
yourself as your ideal customer. When you`re "in the zone" as that
customer, write out a list of exactly what you want.
- How would you contact this business?
- What stores would be available?
- How would you see what it is you want to order? Would there be entire store inventories and checkboxes with quantities?
- How would you pay for things?
- How would you set up a "shopper" and appointments for delivery?
- What happens if you get some wrong items, or they`re damaged or spoiled?
- Would you be able to use a credit card or set up an account?
Each of these questions will generate technology problems that will
have to solved. You can then have an initial consultation with a Web
development company, show them your basic list, and get a very general
idea of how much it would cost to build the site.
From there, you`ll need a transportation system, scheduling system, ways to hire shoppers, and a marketing/advertising plan.