Hi all. I am an individual / small business with 2 websites that are set-up to ultimately
1) sell my book and workbook
2) establish my personal brand and facilitate me getting more motivational speaking requests, and provide the following and foundation for me to run future seminars / webinars / workshops
http://www.alifethatcounts.com.au (specific to the book / workbook)
http://www.jeremyrolleston.com (personal site)
I feel that the content on the websites is good and I know the product is good as it has received great reviews. However I just don't feel I am leveraging the power of the internet and gaining enough traffic and enough conversion. I know there are simple things I can do to make the sites better and more effective and I would love reviews and feedback on both design / functionality / effectiveness to help me.
As some background:
The website was built by an external company but they have been very poor on SEO related issues. I am currently about to start rectifying this and have identified some key things to get fixed in short order. These include:
1. Moving blog from subdomain to www.jeremyrolleston.com/blog and www.alifethatcounts.com.au/blog
2. Putting webmaster tools on the site
3. Optimising blog names (they currently appear as a query)
4. Getting xml sitemap and robots txt to work
5. Checking url canonicalisation and establishing 301 redirect
6. Inserting 404 error page
7. I also know that the site is slow to load - how do I fix this ?
8. I left the pop-up on www.jeremyrolleston.com. Should I get rid of this as it is annoying? Should I change it to an under-pop instead? Any other suggestions
9. How do you use alt tags for images ?
10. Any suggestions for getting more in-bound links ? Do they make much difference with google's Panda update
I am open to any feedback that people are willing to give. So thankyou in advance for your time to review them and offer advice.