Cronos IP Solutions provides one service - monetizing patents. Our expertise in this area helps us achieve our mission - to generate significant revenue for clients from their patents. We offer our services only on a contingency basis. This means our fees are tied directly to the revenue received by our clients, which also ensures our interests are aligned with those of our clients.
Identifying which patents are being infringed by the world of products is an enormous task. Consequently, many patent owners do not have the resources, experienced personnel, or systems in place to implement such a program. As a result, tens of millions of dollars (or more) in licensing fees (or damages) go un-collected. The solution is our contingent patent enforcement service, which requires no up front fees.
We are not a law firm. Instead, we will hire as many law firms as needed and in the jurisdictions needed to enforce your patents. We will also make sure that the necessary funding is available to enforce your patents.
To be considered for our contingency patent enforcement service, you must own one or more issued patents.
Please understand that we are regularly contacted by persons who have no patents. Consequently, please include the patent number of at least one of your U.S. patents when contacting us. If none is included, we will not respond to your inquiry.
A U.S. patent number is seven digits and begins with 5, 6, 7, or 8 such as 8,123,564. A patent application (have a number such as 2012/1234567 or 13/135,235) is not enough because a patent application is not enforceable until it issues as a patent.
We do not offer patent prosecution services (helping clients get patents) or patent commercialization services (persuading companies to use a patented technology in order to generate royalties).
Cronos IP Solutions LLC
2436 Tour Edition Drive
Henderson, NV 89074, US
Kate, you`ve already received a lot of excellent input.
As a former Business Website Developer there are several items to be aware of:
1) Most developers like to host Websites they build on their own `servers` as it allows them easy access for modifications and updates - the next reason is why
2) E-Commerce software i.e. shopping carts require frequent updates to keep up with security upgrades that are applied to the server software. Servers use a number of programs to operate everything from the database to the HTML serving. These include PHP, Zend, SQL, Red Hat, and a many more. Every time one of these pieces of software is updated on a worldwide basis, it has the very real potential of crashing your e-commerce site. If it does, then the e-commerce program must be immediately modified (upgraded) to get the operation back.
I spent a lot of time just keeping my clients e-commerce Sites operating correctly.
3) I began recommending to my business clients to use one of the many e-commerce companies that have a turnkey system that you pay for on a month-to-month basis. The cost is more, but they keep everything running and updated - totally transparent to you. For a price, they can integrate your look into their e-commerce platform.
4) Speaking of price - A couple years ago I was charging at least $6,000 for a small, simple e-commerce Website. Today, $1,600 wouldn`t even begin to build out a nice non e-commerce Site. And we all know we get what we pay for.
5) I now have a small company that manufactures and sells an outdoor lighting product. We have our own Website that I handle the hosting for, but we`ve used Paypal (Business Pro) for the last couple years with no issues. Our customers pay through our Paypal buttons at >$150K per year with no problems or issues. We also have the ability to use the Paypal Virtual Terminal for those that place an order over the phone.
Also the Paypal fees are less than the total cost of most merchant accounts (which we used to have), and when we leave the money in Paypal, we get a reasonable rate of interest.
AS one who`s been there, I strongly recommend not operating your own e-commerce Site, as the cost it time, money, frustration, and down time will distract you from your primary business.
Regards, Stephen Stephen2008-4-29 14:13:53
Having developed commercial Websites over the last 8 years, SEO it is constantly evolving.
Here`s a timely article that may shed a few more thoughts on the topic:
We`ve used Paypal Buy Now buttons for over two years as part of their Pro Merchant Program. We`ve had thousands of transactions, with very few issues.
Paypal`s fees for credit card processing are good, we pay just 2.2% + $.30 per transaction. This is a better rate overall than we paid to our commercial merchant account supplier (North American Bancard), as they would add fees and increase rates on a regaular basis. We only use Paypal now.
We do pay a $20.00 monthly fee, but we also leave money in the Paypal account that receives interest at a current rate of 5.02% through Barclays with SPIC insurance.
The Pro account also allows use of the Paypal Virtual Terminal. That allows you to verbally receive someone`s credit card info over the phone, and process on line through the Paypal Virtual Terminal. That is a very nice feature that we use a lot since we have a toll free number for order placement.
Another nice feature you can setup with Paypal "Buy Now" buttons is calculating how much to charge for shipping, based on several different factors. We use the total amount of order to have Paypal automatically calculate what to charge customer for shipping. Of course the system also allows for charging sales tax based on where the order ships to. Google `Buy Now" buttons do not have these capabilites.
One downside, we can`t set up different shipping rates for domestic versus international orders, which would be a nice feature for us, as we do sell internationally.
Regarding support, we have a Pro Merchant phone hot line number that we have always received fast and responsive support through.
We`ve looked at the Google system since we have both Google Ad Word and Ad Sense. But we find they do not yet have all the features that Paypal presents and that we need to function efficiently.