just had to jump in.....I think Mike is onto it.....
It seems others feel that way as well. I like the general concept, and I like the leadership I`m seeing.
I think you should take the lead on this Mike and keep moving it forward...
I think the recent posts from Denise, Brian, Mike, etc are all interesting and meritorious. This is not a simple process to be sure. I`m here to help facilitate this initiative in any way I can but the interest has to be there on the part of the community to make something happen. I`ll keep following along, and am willing to be more engaged at any time my engagement can be of value to the community. I would love it if somebody took the lead on this and found a way to make progress. Remember, things that seem complicated....even impossible....may be just that until someone proves otherwise. This is not simple...but I don`t think at all impossible. It just takes some drive and commitment, and if people are too busy doing other things (which is understable) then it may remain "impossible", but if someone is looking to put together a business with the resources available through this community, then I do think an opportunity exists to make it happen but only with great leadership and dedication.
Is there anyone amongst the contributors to this forum who would like to take the lead and manage the process of collecting the business ideas? If so, please step forward!
I think there has been some interesting commentary regarding ideas already but we need to do this in an organized fashion.
Let`s start to kick around some business ideas. If anyone would like to submit an idea that a group of us could rally around, please feel free to propose....
Let`s then "debate" the merits of each idea and see if one or two surface as good candidates.
well it seems that indeed there is some interest in still trying to make something happen in our community with respect to rallying together around a good business idea and transforming that idea into a business in which we would all contribute and share ownership.
I think the key thing this time is to really understand and agree to a process by which we proceed to really make this happen.
Here are some proposed steps from my perspective:
1. Let`s first agree to the overall concept. So here is my proposal: We first agree on a business idea in which a group of us believe in sufficiently to contribute our time and effort, and perhaps capital as well, in exchange for equity in a business based on that idea. Our roles and contributions would obviously vary, and we would have to agree that individuals would receive different levels of ownership based on the value of their contribution. Anyone participating in this project needs to agree to that broad understanding.
2. We submit business ideas and explore them through forum discussions
3. We ultimately agree on an idea that we believe is worth of pursuing
4. We pick the team members and negotiate the ownership percentages
5. We then develop a business plan
6. Execute the development of the business, secure needed resources, and launch the business
That`s an overview of my general approach to this. If anyone has other ideas or comments, please bring it on! Let`s spend the first part of this effort agreeing to this process, and then we can next move to proposing business ideas...
I look forward to it....