Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing?

• 21 posts
    July 18, 2013 8:52 PM EDT

One of the biggest disadvantage of social media is the risk of negative comments. Your competitors can use it

---
    Comparison for Cars, Mobiles, Restaurants and Hotels

• 7 posts
    July 8, 2013 3:36 PM EDT

What really matters is whether or not your target audience uses social media. There are no advantages or disadvantages to media, per say. It's simply a vehicle for your message. Either your potential clients are they, or they aren't.

Look at your market, message, and media match. You want all three aligned.

What are you selling, exactly?

---
    James Clouser, Copywriter & Marketing Consultant http://www.jamesclouser.com

• 4 posts
    July 11, 2013 10:48 AM EDT

I think the disadvantage of social media marketing is that you can't always control what other people are going to say about you or your product. Whatever you choose to do, just make sure that you stay on top of responses and try to head off anything negative. That being said, social media marketing is a really effective tool when utilised properly and aimed at the right audience.

---
    Deren Stevens, Managing Director Marketing Empire - The Business and Marketing Experts www.MarketingEmpire.co.uk Email: Deren_Stevens@MarketingEmpire.co.uk Phone: +44 (0) 208 133 3318

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

I don't think there are disadvantages of social media marketing. What is important is you have conveyed your message to your targeted audience. It's all up to them to decide whether they will like your idea or not.

• 139 posts
    June 29, 2013 8:09 AM EDT

Hello guys,

can anyone please tell me, what is the disadvantages of social media marketing? please share your feedback.

Thanks.

---
    Machine Cargo Moving | Commercial and Business Removals

• 3 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:36 AM EST
    I think the disadvantage of social media marketing is that you can't always control what other people are going to say about you or your product. 
    • 8 posts
    January 23, 2014 7:26 PM EST

Hey all!

I'm Tommy,
    I work as senior editor on fiverr.com.

Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing?

I think none. Social media marketing is really effective if you know how to use it correctly.

You have to connect with people. thats the bottomline.

In order to do that you have to make a promotional video, Its a communication standard for all professionals and business to connect with people. Here I present my pick of the best fiverr video gig for limited budget.

http://fiverr.com/marketingmarvel/help-you-market-your-product-and-website-with-this-engaging-video

http://fiverr.com/marketingmarvel/create-a-custom-products-promotion-video

http://fiverr.com/marketingmarvel/create-an-eye-catching-fresh-animation

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Tommy

• 148 posts
    March 21, 2014 10:16 AM EDT

Hey guys,

we are Fabian and Ivan from Hamburg, Germany and try to realize our lifetime dream through Kickstarter (Crowd funding).

In fact we dislike self-promotion in terms of spam but in our current position there is no other possibility and otherwise we can bury our lifetime dream.

Our plan is to found a new fashion brand. Fashion means to us shoes, fragrances for him and her and headphones. Our marketing-concept is based on promotion through celebrities. In the past it was possible to us to get a good connection to popular people. There onto we want to open a store in Los Angeles, Hollywood to emphasize the elegance and exclusivity.

For our big plan we need 3.5Mio € to be competitive on the international market. In this cause we published our intentions on Kickstarter to get our project financed through crowd funding.

It would be awesome if you support us. Every euro brings us further and of course we have little considerations for you helping us.

We got after 12 hours almost 12.000€.

We thank you with all our heart and you can have a look at the following link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1487919235/los-angeles-wings-shoes-fragrances-headphones

Best regards,

Fabian and Ivan

• 5 posts
    March 24, 2014 5:38 PM EDT

I think the main disadvantage of Social Media is its ever evolving nature. Because of fragmentation of the audience, changes in tech and user's interest, the 18-49 crowd doesn't just spend time on Facebook. It's Facebook for this, Instagram for that, Snapchat for this and Pinterest for that. Instead of the where, focus should be more on the why because the where is going to change 

---
    Brian Mell Assistant Marketing Coordinator BannerView.com

• 27 posts
    April 1, 2014 8:17 AM EDT

BriGuy-the choice of the platform depends on the industry. Choose what is good now and keep track of new trends.

• 4 posts
    April 1, 2014 8:23 AM EDT

Remember to use Buffer to time your posts to the peak times.

A problem many people have is that they can't adjust their sleep cycle to the peaktime of their market, so they just post whenever, and it ends up going unseen.