Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing?

• 21 posts
    July 18, 2013 8:52 PM EDT

One of the biggest disadvantage of social media is the risk of negative comments. Your competitors can use it

Comparison for Cars, Mobiles, Restaurants and Hotels

• 7 posts
    July 8, 2013 3:36 PM EDT

What really matters is whether or not your target audience uses social media. There are no advantages or disadvantages to media, per say. It's simply a vehicle for your message. Either your potential clients are they, or they aren't.

Look at your market, message, and media match. You want all three aligned.

What are you selling, exactly?

James Clouser, Copywriter & Marketing Consultant

• 4 posts
    July 11, 2013 10:48 AM EDT

I think the disadvantage of social media marketing is that you can't always control what other people are going to say about you or your product. Whatever you choose to do, just make sure that you stay on top of responses and try to head off anything negative. That being said, social media marketing is a really effective tool when utilised properly and aimed at the right audience.

Deren Stevens, Managing Director Marketing Empire - The Business and Marketing Experts Email: Phone: +44 (0) 208 133 3318

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

I don't think there are disadvantages of social media marketing. What is important is you have conveyed your message to your targeted audience. It's all up to them to decide whether they will like your idea or not.

• 139 posts
    June 29, 2013 8:09 AM EDT

Hello guys,

can anyone please tell me, what is the disadvantages of social media marketing? please share your feedback.

Machine Cargo Moving | Commercial and Business Removals

• 3 posts
    January 17, 2014 1:36 AM EST
    I think the disadvantage of social media marketing is that you can't always control what other people are going to say about you or your product. 

[url=]fifa coins cheap[/url]
    [url=]cheap fifa coins[/url]

• 8 posts
    January 23, 2014 7:26 PM EST

Hey all!

I'm Tommy,
    I work as senior editor on

Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing?

I think none. Social media marketing is really effective if you know how to use it correctly.

You have to connect with people. thats the bottomline.

In order to do that you have to make a promotional video, Its a communication standard for all professionals and business to connect with people. Here I present my pick of the best fiverr video gig for limited budget.

Hope it helps.

• 7 posts
    March 24, 2014 5:38 PM EDT

I think the main disadvantage of Social Media is its ever evolving nature. Because of fragmentation of the audience, changes in tech and user's interest, the 18-49 crowd doesn't just spend time on Facebook. It's Facebook for this, Instagram for that, Snapchat for this and Pinterest for that. Instead of the where, focus should be more on the why because the where is going to change 

Brian Mell Assistant Marketing Coordinator

• 97 posts
    April 1, 2014 8:17 AM EDT

BriGuy-the choice of the platform depends on the industry. Choose what is good now and keep track of new trends.

• 4 posts
    April 1, 2014 8:23 AM EDT

Remember to use Buffer to time your posts to the peak times.

A problem many people have is that they can't adjust their sleep cycle to the peaktime of their market, so they just post whenever, and it ends up going unseen.

• 87 posts
    June 2, 2015 1:24 PM EDT
    Business competition online can be vey risky, a simple competitors idea that can distroy your business is always easy specially when using the social media as source for marketing. I suggest, be polite when using social media marketing, but publish a video marketing ads instead. Try to get quality idea for social media marketing and or video advertising.
    • 2 posts
    June 3, 2015 4:28 AM EDT
    I too think that one of biggest challenges are the negative comments, but after all it's feedback from your customers and if you manage to write back and convince them that they are wrong or help with a problem. They can become a positive reviews
    • 24 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:38 AM EDT
    <blockquote><strong><a href="/community/profile/anjali_talking">anjali_talking</a> said:</strong><br /><p>One of the biggest disadvantage of social media is the risk of negative comments. Your competitors can use it</p></blockquote><br />

Yes, there is a risk of negative comments, but you also have the direct possibility of connecting with your customers and comment back.
    • 2 posts
    August 7, 2015 10:43 AM EDT

This is a great question! Well sure, social media has made ourlives somehow convenient and we have become more close to those whom we love that are miles from where we are through constant communication on social media. But of course, it has also some disadvantages that we can never deny. So I hope this helps answer your question it's a good read and I hope you'd like it too! It's concise so you won't get bored reading. :)
    • 1 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
    Great thread! Thanks for all the valuable tips and information.
    • 2 posts
    August 11, 2015 5:57 AM EDT

Well as it has been said multiple times, I do agree with the "e-reputation" issue regarding a brand and products. So yeah of course bad comments and stuff like that can quickly get out of hands but if the communication is done right by the brand, negative comments can be handle quit easily. The main idea is to discuss with ur customers who are not satisfated by your services/produits.
    • 1 posts
    August 11, 2015 8:22 AM EDT
    Yes, it's a risk that competitors use social media against you, but you can also respond and to customers that you are professional and provide a very services.

Deals et bons plans:
    This post was edited by Dealy at August 11, 2015 8:42 AM EDT
    • 3 posts
    August 20, 2015 5:06 AM EDT
    Of course everything will have one disadvantage or the other. But you cannot ignore the use of social media marketing because of its disadvantages. Otherwise you may be hurting yourself without knowing. Most of the articles I have been reading on support social selling or call it social media marketing
    This post was edited by Dollarchap at August 20, 2015 5:07 AM EDT
    • 7 posts
    August 26, 2015 6:09 AM EDT
    The Cons of Social Media Marketing for Business

1. Social Media Marketing is Time Consuming
    2. Social Media Marketing Generates Negative Users
    3. Social Media Marketing Makes You Lose Control
    4. Social Media Marketing ROI is Hard to Define

A recent study highlighted that up to 89% of digital marketers really would want to know the ROI of their social media efforts. Only 37% can measure the results of their SMM, while another 35% say they are really not sure if they are measuring ROI properly – and 28% say they really don’t know how to measure ROI at all.

This post was edited by Davidpaul at August 26, 2015 6:15 AM EDT
    • 24 posts
    September 3, 2015 5:42 AM EDT
    As already well said by Julien, bad comments can be handled easily - and very quickly, so they don't get out of hand. On social media you can at least comment back and defend yourself
    • 3 posts
    September 8, 2015 2:57 AM EDT
    One main disadvantage of Social Media Marketing is that it is to time demanding. It is not enough to post on the social media, you need to be very active on it responding to comments and giving feedback. Just one bad comment if not creatively and promptly addressed can render all your marketing efforts useless.
    I will suggest you visit for relevant information on social media
    • 14 posts
    September 10, 2015 10:49 PM EDT
    Well, I guess that if you have a lot of likes, those few competitors' negative comments don't hurt that much. But to get thousands of likes in a shorter period of time, you shouldn't do it manually. Either you use automated service like Promobrite (dotcom) or create a nice contest.