Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Raising Capital for Unique Opportunity

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2013 10:20 AM EDT

I have a slightly unique situation. Through a personal relationship I was sought out to purchase an existing business from a friend of the family. They know me and want to sell to me because they don't trust anyone else to run the business the way it is meant to be run. Also I have more and better contacts with target customers. Due to this they have given me a great price on the company. Their reason for selling is that the owner and son are moving across the country to be with family and they really don't need the company. Company is locked into my geographic area.

The problem is I need to raise substantial funds to buy the company. I don't want to/ can't offer ownership in the company in exchange for funding bc the current owners don't want to sell to multiple owners. I need to be the only one. 

It is an existing business that makes plenty and i can repay the loans in 3-5 years easy. The question is what are some ideas for raising $2 mil on a safe investment without giving away equity. Also if straight up loans are the way to go, what would be a ballpark required ROI for such loans from individuals?

Thanks

• 927 posts
    March 20, 2013 12:00 PM EDT

There are a number of possible ways to accomplish your objective. If the company performance is sufficient to service a debt- then that may be the most straight forward way to go.  Pulling all the pieces together can take some doing- but on the surface it sounds possible.

If you would like to discuss your situation, in more detail- feel free to drop me a PM or contact me directly

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com