Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

Use of directory submission for creating backlinks

• 81 posts
    June 27, 2011 9:26 PM EDT

I thinks this is good technique of getting backlinks. Directory Submission is a process of submitting your site to directories, best is to submit manually. Directories submission is done to get permanent, relevant and one-way link building. Directories submission helps in getting fast back links.

---
    Marketing Consulting | Online Marketing Agency

• 19 posts
    February 11, 2013 12:30 AM EST

Directory submission helps in obtaining Backlinks for our website which increases the website traffic.

---
    London Airport Taxi | Luton Airport Transfer

• 6 posts
    October 12, 2012 2:56 AM EDT

Directory submission gives backlinks for the site. But it takes some time for getting approval.

---
    Mobile Application Development | Android Application Development | iPhone App Development

• 9 posts
    June 27, 2011 1:49 AM EDT

I want to know that how many people think that directory submission is the best tool for creating the backlinks of a website.

---
    Vastu | Acupressure | Silk Dupioni Fabric | Advertising Agency in india | Production house in delhi | SEO services in delhi | Advertising Agency | SEO forum |

• 13 posts
    January 13, 2013 8:58 AM EST

Even today people do directories submission to generate quality backlinks. Submit your website to quality pr directories is one of the way of getting quality backlinks.

---
    Pet Guest Blog

• 13 posts
    January 24, 2013 5:30 PM EST

Directory submission is helpful to get increase the website visitor. It create a good quality of backlink. Most of the people are using these strategies to generate more leads to the business.

---
    Pet Guest Blog

• 15 posts
    January 19, 2012 1:50 AM EST

Its better to use every available way to gain backlinks. Whether it'll be directory submissions, blog postings, social bookmarking and even article submissions. Every person has their own unique way of getting links, in my case i use yahoo answers and do a little  blog post. In fact i tried a lot.

---
    CSU Online Plus | Fire Administration Degree

• 14 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:34 AM EST

Not too long ago directory backlinks were high quality backlinks that help webmasters to rank high in the search engines for their respective keywords. So many people started web directory services just as webmasters started to submit their site and pages to hundreds of directories in other to beat competitors for their keywords at the search engines.

---
    Safety Boots

• February 14, 2012 5:40 AM EST

Its better to use every available way to gain backlinks. Whether it'll be directory submissions, blog postings, social bookmarking and even article submissions. Every person has their own unique way of getting links, in my case i use yahoo answers and do a little  blog post. In fact i tried a lot.

---
    Charlotte Nc Locksmith

• 120 posts
    January 14, 2013 8:58 AM EST

Directory submission is still one of the best methods in SEO for getting better results in most of the search engines as well as getting high traffic to sites. Directory submissions may take time to get better results, but the results obtained lasts..

I have always been a fan of directories and have used directory submission as a strategy to help build link popularity, especially for new sites. However, in the last eight months or so, I have seen many directory pages in which we have listings on become all but useless. They don't pass any link popularity and they drive zero traffic.

Best to make sure that the directories you are submitting to are dedicated directories for your niche and only post high quality content.

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 13 posts
    January 13, 2012 7:09 PM EST

hardly submit to directories these days aiming for direct traffic, instead we use directory submissions more as a method to obtain inbound links to our site. Search engines are known to give some importance to links obtained from directories and hence we need to pay close attention to certain factors when submitting in order to get the best out of these directory links.

---
    Unsecured Business Credit Lines | Business Equipment Leasing

• 47 posts
    January 13, 2013 7:46 PM EST

Directories are valuable but always submit to relevant directories.  Relevant means either a directory relevant to your particular industry or to your particular area and location.  Most cities have a few directories of local businesses.  Those help, especially with local SEO.

David D.

SEO Consultant @ Touch PointDigital 

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 54 posts
    June 27, 2011 4:38 PM EDT

---
    physical therapy chattanooga

• 21 posts
    January 23, 2012 11:55 PM EST

Directory Submission is a process of submitting your site to directories, best is to submit manually. Directories submission is done to get permanent, relevant and one-way link building. Directories submission helps in getting fast back links.

---
    Locksmith in charlotte N

• 11 posts
    February 27, 2012 1:54 AM EST

Directory Submission is a process of submitting your site to directories, best is to submit manually. Directories submission is done to get permanent, relevant and one-way link building.

---
    Charlotte Nc Locksmith

• 14 posts
    December 19, 2011 4:41 PM EST

They help to direct visitors towards your website. There are several methods to build links, out of which directory submission is the most useful method.

---
    Online Degrees

• 13 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:54 PM EST

I thinks this is good technique of getting backlinks. Directory Submission is a process of submitting your site to directories, best is to submit manually. Directories submission is done to get permanent, relevant and one-way link building. Directories submission helps in getting fast back links.

---
    Higher Education Student Affairs

• 18 posts
    October 10, 2012 7:13 PM EDT

Directory submission is still helpful but it should be of high quality and your submission must be in dedicated directories, which mean your submission must be in your category. The directory should be of your niche category. Because, in these days the unnatural backlinks are counted as spam backlinks.

---
    Boost up your brand by hiring social media marketing company in delhi. Enquire Now!

• 9 posts
    March 22, 2012 12:07 AM EDT

You are right smithcharlottenc and submit your website to quality pr directories is one of the way of getting quality backlinks. Directories submission helps in getting fast back links.

---
    Website Development Australia | eCommerce Website Design Australia

• 27 posts
    February 10, 2013 9:45 PM EST

To increase the number of back-links as it gets importance while being counted by Google and other leading search engines and helps in fast indexing the site in the database of search engines and gaining good rankings as well.

• 29 posts
    February 11, 2013 6:34 PM EST

Directory submission was good ways of SEO years before but now it doesn't helps much and most of the web directories are black listed only few good ones like Dmoz play vital role in SERP

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 41 posts
    June 29, 2012 10:12 PM EDT

Directory submission is the best option for generating the one way back links.But main thing in directory submission is the category.So to make directory submission relevant choose the most appropriate category according to your website.

• 3 posts
    October 18, 2011 2:46 AM EDT

yes mostly people accept .. this methodd

---
    Fiets Kopen (Cycling) or Fiets (Bike) or Fietsen

• 34 posts
    May 10, 2012 8:08 PM EDT

when it comes to backlink services directory submission is the best way. because directory submission is a process where you submit your site url directly to other sites which has high page rank. one important thing about back links is that you cant submit your site url in all websites. you have chances to get your site penalized. your site url should be submitted to a site which is connected to your site in some way. so while submitting urls in websites which is related to your site helps you in getting good back links. so directory submission is the best way. you can either do it by yourself or you can get the assistance from providers. but all seo strategies are difficult to do it manually and it will take long time so it is better to get assistance from seo service providers who provides these for your site. i got the seo package for my site from XnYnZ.com. they did all the seo services for my site instead of me. 

• 9 posts
    February 11, 2013 4:32 AM EST

Directory submission especially those sites that are optimized for local citation are very helpful as it indexes your website to SERP with matching location + related keywords. Just make sure that the information you submit to each are exactly the same as any errors may negatively affect your PR. 

---
    I'm All about Helping You Learn How to Use Pinterest For Your Business! Ask me on Twitter: sheilafirthe