Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Getting Products/Clothing in Stores

• 5 posts
    May 30, 2008 1:25 PM EDT
    hi
    If you just pick up a new product that you have not tried before in a store, the chance that you have pick a wrong product is as high as 80%. Don`t waste you money this way. Ask your friends, in forums, through website, anywhere....... just get more information first. This would make you a wise buyer and would gain the benefit  of money well-spent on the products
    thank you

---
    sincerely,
    jaffar @
    http://escentre.blogspot.com
    Profit from turning problems into innovations

• 3 posts
    June 19, 2008 3:43 PM EDT
    I remember when I was asking myself same question 3 years ago. I wish there were all of the resources available today to avoid mistakes and wasting your time. I`ve recently found a great website and they have an article that will answer your questions: Fashion Business World. I`m not sure if link would work, you can just go to www.fashionbusinessworld.com. Hope this helps.
  • June 11, 2008 4:11 AM EDT
    DayDreamer is in sewn products. The best site on the web for clothing line entrepreneurs is www.fashion-incubator.com. There`s over 1300 entries on every facet, planning, financing, production, sales and marketing, getting paid, you name it.

---
    ~Nurture people, not products~
    http://www.fashion-incubator.com

• 376 posts
    May 30, 2008 2:14 PM EDT
    Hello DayDreamer!

Robin`s got the secret  That`s what I do too!

---
    Leslie
    Founder and President
    Charmed Life Products LLC
    Grill Charms™… The MUST HAVE grilling accessory that is revolutionizing the American Cook-out AND The perfect gift for any occasion!
    Grill Charms

• 47 posts
    May 28, 2008 11:59 AM EDT

Hello Start Up Nation,

Does anyone have any advice on how to get products in stores?  What is the best method? What has worked for you or people you know?

Thanks,
    DayDreamer
    • 47 posts
    May 28, 2008 2:53 PM EDT
    Thanks ChicLady!!!  This is why I love StartUp Nation.  Many people are so helpful!
    • 19 posts
    May 28, 2008 1:19 PM EDT
    What has worked for me has been the "piggybacking" approach. I find products that are similar to mine or that compliment my and I get thier store list (off the website) and call their stores. They`ve already done the majority of the hw... I have had a ton of success using this approach.

---
    Robin Lucas, CEO
    MYSS, LLC- Creator of Chic Peeks Adhesive Cleavage Covers
    www.ChicPeeks.com
    "Ladies, this ain`t your mamma`s dickie"