Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Growth Funding

Investing in Entertainment???

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2013 9:48 PM EDT

If you are going to invest in concerts or some kind of local sports in USA you can contact just in time tickets for sale of your tickets.

---
    http://www.justintimetickets.com/

• 355 posts
    May 21, 2012 7:26 AM EDT

I don’t know how many of you watch the show “Shark Tank”, but they’ve aired several episodes that cover the very topic.  The general consensus of all the sharks (professional investors ) on the show is that entertainment ventures are extremely high risk.  Most ventures either fail coming out of the starting gate.   Or, they never finish the race. 

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 17 posts
    May 10, 2012 12:20 AM EDT

My tip is to join kickstarter.com to find investors or a project to invest in.

---
    Web presence solutions for startups | Graphic facilitation for your business ideas | Custom Magento solutions and extensions

• 55 posts
    July 25, 2012 10:10 PM EDT

Everyone has their own ideas and concepts of investing that goes according to the interest and talent. Today internet has provided so many means of making money and investing ideas. With the vast popularity of internet, people's interest is also being drastic.

Private Banking | Binary Options

• 106 posts
    December 31, 2011 1:42 AM EST

Investing in the currencies of the different countries in the world is the most exciting market available. Forex investing is buying and selling these different currencies which are grouped together in currency pairs. This simply means the currency of one country is paired with the currency of another, the investor chooses which two currencies to buy or sell. In this worldwide market something is always happening that changes the value of money.

forex currency trading

• 47 posts
    January 14, 2008 1:22 PM EST
    Does anyone know anything about investing in entertainment events such as play productions, concerts, etc...?  Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    DayDreamer
    • 927 posts
    January 14, 2008 1:46 PM EST
    I can give you the name of someone who is in the intdustry and not looking for investors at this time - who might be able to help you.

Send me a PM if you want the connection

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com

• 927 posts
    January 21, 2008 6:46 AM EST
    mattsind,

I`m not sure this is "insight" - but investing in a specific project within the entertainment field can be very high risk, so:
    1. The potential reward should be commensurate with the risk
    2. As with any investment - do your homework. Perform the due diligence
    3. The people involved in the project are very important, but be sure that they are really committed.

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com

• 19 posts
    January 21, 2008 5:48 AM EST
    I can give you the name of someone who is in the intdustry and not looking for investors at this time - who might be able to help you.

Send me a PM if you want the connection

Hi Robertj,
    I was hoping you would give a little more insight into whether or not investing in the entertainment industry is an advantage or disadvantage?
    • 34 posts
    May 21, 2012 5:00 AM EDT

Investing in a business you are more familiar with is good. Your competition would be high as there are many sponsors available now a days. You must first start with some local plays and theaters.