Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

starting a shoe line or clothing line

• 2 posts
    January 17, 2012 6:51 AM EST

you must consider few points before open your clothing line:

What is the name of your brand?

What type of clothing company are you?

What is your target demographic?

What is your price range?

and most important,,your theme of clothing  line!

---
    Anvil Shirts

• 25 posts
    September 4, 2012 4:52 AM EDT

I intrested, i have been doin lot of search on what would be the best avenu to take as it related to startin a shoeline of customized pumps but I fell

----------------------

seo services

php development services

• 1 posts
    October 19, 2011 9:18 AM EDT

I am interested in starting my own shoeline for my customized designs of pumps. The is a very new area for me. I have been doing a lot of research on what would be the best avenue to take as it relates to starting a shoeline of customized pumps but I feel like I keep hitting a brick wall. Do you have any suggestions on where I would begin or what I need to do to establish my own shoeline of customized designs?

• 1 posts
    March 7, 2013 9:41 PM EST

Mens Business Shoes online is a good business. There are many websites online which offers wide range of Men Shoes Online

• 5 posts
    October 2, 2006 9:41 AM EDT

Hi!

I am a beginner, so I don`t have much information to share with you.  But one of the first things I did when I realized I wanted to open my own party store was go and visit party stores just outside of my town (I figured they would be more willing to talk to me if they knew I wasn`t a competitor) and asked them how they got started and if they had any advice.

Out of the three people I spoke with, two of them were extremely helpful, friendly and honest.  One of them was rude, unfriendly and very bitter.  But, I left knowing that I wouldn`t let what she said get to me.

My point is, go visit some shoe stores!  Preferrably, ones you wouldn`t be in competition with - they will probably be more likely to talk to you.

Best of luck, I think it`s a great idea!

• 7 posts
    June 1, 2012 10:23 AM EDT

Creating your line sheets are a very important step in sales. Without the line sheets and looks books it makes it harder to sell your products. They are great sales tools to get into stores and boutiques. Here are some examples of the line sheets we designed for our customers 

Line Sheets

Good Luck!

---
    "Business cards are not only used for networking and exchanging information, they are a first impression of who you are and what you do. Having a memorable business card is the easiest way to stand out from your competition and tell your story." Get your Custom designed business card with our Graphic designers.

• 3 posts
    October 22, 2011 12:41 AM EDT

Well Ive nothing to say about this business. I too desire to open an online shopping store, but i am confuse, how ebay, amazone and other my favorite online shopping store running it. I just know that their is requirement of vendors and wholesalers connected with you to do kinda business. I know lot of online webstore and also prefer to do shop there. But i actually don't wanna do kinda business. I am looking for an online business, in which i can make money buy by just help kinda online store to sell something buy my reference to all online shoppers. I hope it will be legal and comfortable having not too much headic.

Online shopping store

• 51 posts
    May 22, 2012 1:07 AM EDT

Hi, personally I feel that before starting any business, one should have knowledge and experience of that field. So, he knows all pros & cons of it. You have to do research on shoes market and then develop your plan and strategies for your business.

---
    Global Wholesale Suppliers
    Worldwide Wholesalers

• 2 posts
    July 4, 2012 10:35 PM EDT

Clothing line is the best and the most feasible one to start unlike the shoe line which requires a lot..

---
    Work Clothes

• 10 posts
    September 17, 2012 4:06 AM EDT

If you ask me personally, I think clothing line is a great business to be in. With a bit of luck and a good sense of fashion, I believe your business will take off.

---
    Personalized Tee Shirts - Private Label Clothing Manufacturer

• 47 posts
    October 1, 2006 2:00 PM EDT
    I would like to know if someone could give me some advice on how to get a clothing line or shoe line started. My sister and I would like to start a shoe line to honor our mother, but we don`t know how to get started.  Can someone tell me the steps I need to take in order to make my dream a reality?  I would really appreciate good advice and expertise.
    • 9 posts
    May 23, 2012 8:04 PM EDT

I agree with Julie and the other posters who mentioned the intense competition. I live in NYC and I can't even count how many people I went to school with who have dreams of being the next fashion designer/entrepreneur lol. One thing that will definitely set you apart is great branding. I remember reading the book written by one of the founders of FuBu and it was mostly about how to brand your company. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Brand-Within-ebook/dp/B005EZEVVU

---
    Amazing DVD: Save $1000s and Protect Your Online Reputation In-House Now

• 6 posts
    May 23, 2012 7:26 PM EDT

Given the competition in the clothing business, the most important thing would be to strategize on how your company will be different from the others currently present in the market and how you are going to communicate this to your customers.

chafe chain,buoy chain,kenter shackle,joining shackle