Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

Who the hell would like to choose such a crap as eBay?

• 60 posts
    August 30, 2009 5:05 AM EDT

Looks good, jojokinkaid... Thanks for the heads-up on that eBay/PayPal forum.

---
    Chas T.
    "You can always better your best."

CT on Twitter

• 731 posts
    October 14, 2007 7:22 PM EDT
    GemSweety and stone sledge...
    Over the past 2 years, PayPal and Ebay have been victims of the phishing scams, I was a victim of a phishing scam early during the year and lost about 1,340.00 the first direct hit and then to finish me up they took out the last 87.37 bucks I had in my Pay Pal account. So due to the high nature of phishing scams, if I were you (Gemsweety) I would check and make sure that you aren`t getting a fake link and are paying someone else instead of Ebay. If you can ask for a charge back from them. If they call you telling you there was a charge back made, then you know it`s them trying to take your money, If they don`t call you or send you a letter  of disclaimer then you been phished.
    Also check your links if it comes from something like http://www.paypal.com/cgi? {some string} then its legit.. if you get something like http://google.script.paypal.com or something then you are being phished. Your best bet is to get your money back by back-charging them for the money you`ve paid them. Another thing you can do is, Do a reverse DNS look up and see where the transaction was made from. Come to find out, someone in Russia took my money.
    Hope this helps...

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 2 posts
    December 14, 2009 1:18 PM EST

Definitely understand your frustration with eBay and their processes. Have you tried other sites to buy from and/or list your products?

There are sites like etsy, bonanzle, Addoway, oodle and this is just a few of them which have little or NO FEES at all and are less complicated to use.

Good luck

Fred

• 1 posts
    August 17, 2009 9:27 AM EDT
    There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more.  Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works.  The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum.  I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!
    • 1 posts
    October 13, 2007 9:39 AM EDT

I started to sell mineral specimens on US eBay in June, 2007, don`t know why and when eBay billed my account Fees of July into additional RMB bill. From Sep 5 the system had kept reminding me about a unpaid bill of RMB 169.86, but there was nowhere to find this bill via the links attached in the notification, only dollar bill. So I paid for them several times even overpaid $28. But, at the beginning of October, eBay suspended my account by sending me an instructions with the same useless links of checking and paying from hkrswebhelp@ebay.com.hk. Unintelligibly, I got a notification of reinstating my account from the same address after 4 minutes. When I checked my account status, I found out that my account was suspended.

On Oct 3, I went to ask for help via "contact us" and filled online forms to eBay Customer Support, got nothing except "Thank you for choosing eBay. We have received your request and we expect to be able to respond in 48 hours". Then I contacted the "live chat" on eBay HK, the representative only gave me the scripted words of remitting RMB 169.86 to Shanghai Eachnet through China Post Office which doesn`t make any sense at first. I had to insist my point about the unexplained bill again and again. Finally he asked me to appeal to `hkrswebhelp@ebay.com.hk` and `cswebhelp@ebay.com`. So I did it, acutally have done it many times, but never got any response except the crap auto-reply message of “thanks for chosing eBay”. My account is still suspended now. Wtf!

Who the hell would like to choose such a crap?

---
    Life is to experience.

• 621 posts
    October 13, 2007 7:04 PM EDT
    That sounds like a mess. I have had problems recently with paypal,an ebay company. I have had my account put on temporary holds 3 times in the last 2 months. After contacting them through email and contact forms, calling them many times..I finally was able to get in with a head supervisor. He would not explain what the problem is and I kept asking and I was getting pretty upset. He finally told me that because one of my developers is in India was testing my account, they shut my account down. I had to prove that I am am working with someone in India and they finally turned my account back on. Then the last time, it was b/c someone refunded me money because tehy did not have the product I purchased??? Not a very good reason and I am sick of dealing with them. I definately will be changing to google checkout. I don`t sell on ebay but if it is anything like the mess I had I would be terribly frustrated. For you, It must of been a real pain b/c you are trying to run a business with them. I also have heard about their rate hikes..how do they expect people to afford to sell there? I hope everything works out. Let us know.

Erin

---
    Our Goal Is Your Success!
    Founder Girls with Goals

• October 15, 2007 5:58 PM EDT
    We agree with blog2hersh. eBay has cracked down on people selling on the US eBay site when they reside in certain countries. Pacific Rim countries were some of the big ones that eBay was cracking down on. It is going to be hard if you reside in one of these countries and want to sell on the US eBay site, especially in certain categories that have huge counterfeit issues.

And we definitely second his statement about the phishing schemes targeting eBay and PayPal users. We get them all the time! Just remember, any official eBay or Paypal email will also be on their website. Never click on any email asking for you to log in to your eBay/PayPal account to change information. Go directly to the website and see if there is an issue.