Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

Completly New to this

• 22 posts
    June 26, 2012 9:12 PM EDT

You can take help by the w3schools.com or otherwise you can view the others website coding by the click on the sour code.

---
    SEO Company Perth

• 8 posts
    June 23, 2012 9:37 AM EDT

I'm a web designer and I can tell you that HTML and CSS are not something that you can easily become an expert at overnight and getting it to work correctly with different web browsers and mobile devices  is a whole other ball of wax.  

Are you looking to have a basic blog, an information resource site or ecommerce?

Wordpress is by far the easiest content management system out there and you can customize it with templates that are free or relatively inexpensive.  Blogger is another good service for blogging and small content sites. 

Don't stress about the design, just get your content out there.  Just make sure that it is easy to read and navigate. You can always upgrade the design down the road. 

--Rob Hagman

• 10 posts
    July 12, 2012 4:35 AM EDT

Lots of recommendations for w3schools.com. I'll be checking it out thanks to all of you!

• 2 posts
    June 22, 2012 10:09 AM EDT

Well, I can tell you that there are plenty of site builders out there that can help you in building up your own website. Easy WebContent is one of them. It’s simple and easy to use and requires no downloads or external software. You can construct a complete website without having to use HTML coding. And their site builder comes with a variety of add-ons that can enhance your website.

Here’s another tip: you’re going to want to make sure that your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is being pushed. That will help drive more traffic to your site once you get it up and running. I know that EWC can easily help with that. You can go in and edit the key words that will help link back to your page.

Easy WebContent’s system is affordable and great, especially for startups and people looking to get their name out there. Hopefully this helped you in some way. And good luck!!

• 37 posts
    June 29, 2012 2:57 AM EDT

Go to w3schools.com, it's a good website for HTML and CSS self-learning.

-------------------------
    Improve Your Customer Service with Live Chat Software | Send Bulk Email | Newsletter Software

Yes, w3schools is best source foe learning the HTML and CSS. I had also learn from this site and they provide the learning step by step from the basic. Best thing is that it is totally free.

---
    adobe photoshop training courses in sydney

• 9 posts
    June 24, 2012 12:55 PM EDT

I do FREE business coaching helping people get a blog up and running.  I have a FREE coaching program I work with businesses and individuals on to build up their website and business.  Let me know if you need help and I will coach you to lots of success. 

Best regards and hope to hear from a few of you!  Good day!

---
    Learn, Live and Grow Your Life!
    Michael Levy
    http://blog.michaeldlevy.ws
    michael@michaeldlevy.ws
    Appointments: http://www.vcita.com/mentormike.levy
    Toll Free: (888) 829-6097 (24-hr Support)

• 6 posts
    June 30, 2012 1:05 PM EDT

If your goal is to learn to build a site W3 Schools.  If you need a good site for your business use would press.  If you need a site and marketing you can hire a company like Yodle or Sync Online Media who will give you a site and do the marketing for you....I think its Yodle.com for PPC and synconlinemedia.com PPC-SEO (sync is less).

---
    Mr Davidrealestate mrdavidrealestate@gmail.com http://www.finance1online.com

• 1 posts
    June 14, 2012 12:38 AM EDT

Hi guys,

Im looking for abit of advice I do have a little bit of understanding of CSS and HTML and I really want start designing a website. I think I will design a basic template so it's something that I can use for future projects etc. I was wondering if you guys have got any links, tips or suggestions to send me in the right direction?

Are there any free websites where you can dowload the HTML and CSS code?

What is the best software to use for building websites?

Any decent books you can reccomend?

Anything you guys can help me with would much much appreciated.

Thanks

• June 18, 2012 8:59 PM EDT

Go to w3schools.com, it's a good website for HTML and CSS self-learning.

• 2 posts
    June 26, 2012 6:10 PM EDT

you can easily become an expert at overnight and getting it to work correctly with different web browsers and mobile devices  is a whole other ball of wax.