Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Could We Create a Business Together?

• 115 posts
    January 10, 2007 4:47 PM EST

Mitymite

I agree we should use this thread until our secure communication structure is agreed upon or created.

Michael T;  I agree that our infrastructure should be created first and this could possible be our biggest asset.

Also, should we cap projects at 100 200 or 300 participants?

Our overall company could have (A) shares and each project created could have a separate (B) share holders. A percentage of shares from projects could go to our parent company for all share holders.

Lets get our communications system sorted so we can communicate and all have a say in what is happening and not have to hold back information.

---
    Regards Michael Clayton (rexiedexie)

My Affiliate Articles & Web Page Traffic

• 115 posts
    January 29, 2007 8:03 PM EST

Hi all

I have a sinking feeling that all the talk here is great but is not getting us anywhere.

My feeling is we need to change tact and start earring some income and contribute part of this income to a start up fund. We could do this by selecting and all joining a good affiliate program of popular choice. Members could nominate programs.

We would also need to know who would be willing to join in and do this and who would be willing to help promote a project like this.

I also feel we should decide on one start up project and elect a board to manage it.  For now we could do this via another unlisted thread that only the participants would use.

I have seen large groups of people doing this at Adlandpro

See Adlandpro Reviewed Here  http://www.networking.love-au.com/

Anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone have alternate ideas?

rexiedexie2007-1-30 2:4:44

---

• 115 posts
    January 29, 2007 8:26 PM EST

Hi All Again

Here is an idea we may be able to use as a business.

We all have expertise. We could sell advise via Ether

Create an Ether with several topics related to E-learning Online Business and related relevant topics.

Knowledgeable members could have there own Ether topic on one Startup Nation or Separate URL we all purchase. The participating members could give a percentage or income to the overall group to be used to set up other projects.

See an article about Ether

http://www.writingup.com/internetmarketing/ether_com_a_power ful_idea_for_entrepreneurs

---

• 115 posts
    January 31, 2007 8:01 PM EST

Denise

Yes I agree we need a structure to work within. This point did keep on getting lost with our enthusiasm to get a project moving.

Denise I commend you for doing this it is a really positive step forward.

I also see no reason why we cannot start some mini projects for member who have time or who are not involved in any main project. I think we need something like this to insure all members here maintain interest and keep learning.

This can also be a way to generate some startup capital.

I`ve been saying a bit lately so I will now shut up and wait to see what other members here think.

---

• 115 posts
    February 6, 2007 10:34 PM EST

Denise

I think your on the right path.

I fell we should start a fee and paid membership base community.

The types of services you suggest; we could provide to community members at a special member price and to non members at full price.

We just need to know what others here think.

Come on everyone tell us your honest thoughts. If you do not agree let us all know your ideas.

---

• 115 posts
    April 29, 2007 9:21 PM EDT

Hi All

I have a project which fits with this group.

I have started a new thread to save confusion.

See Can We Start A Business Together - Publishing

http://www.startupnation.com/forums/5203/1/1

---

• 115 posts
    April 30, 2008 9:46 PM EDT
    Darrin, Mitey All who missed out.

I think it`s time to start again.

I missed out on the first time around as the forum seemed to get hi-jacked by a few and most who were not interested to doing e-learning and a few other projects, missed out.  

Is anyone interested to start again?

---

• 115 posts
    May 20, 2008 1:00 PM EDT
    I`m happy to jump back in if people are sufficiently inspired to make something happen. So? Who`s interested?

Jeff

Jeff I`m interested and will be willing to take part and also add some of my ideas when the new thread is created.

Michael

---

• 115 posts
    July 10, 2008 9:11 PM EDT

Hi All

It`s great to see there are still people interested.

I feel we went of track along the way and our biggest problem is confidential communications. I think many people are not sharing ideas or participating here because anyone could steal ideas or duplicate procedures we implement here in an open forum like this.

Many threads ago we where looking at secure communication or forum software to facilitate this process but it all seemed to go off track.

I feel we will never get anything going until we have a secure confidential way to communicate.

I`m sure people here have great ideas but won`t say anything here.

Should we go back to this step and start again?

---

• 115 posts
    July 10, 2008 10:11 PM EDT

Mike

You are on the right track. This type of program should be our main goal. If we started a business like this it would be of lasting benefit. It would be good to have a test program so people had to work for them self to qualify to be part of the main business.

Mike regardless of how we do this we need owe own hosting and software for secure internal communications so people do not steel our ideas.

Mike don`t we need this first?

---

• 115 posts
    August 19, 2008 4:45 PM EDT
    Robin

I fear that your project will end up on the same roundabout as this forum.

No one with brilliant ideas are going to discuss them openly.

Robin; Everyone

If key members here were to acquired their own management/forum software and direct major ideas and projects from this forum to a totally secure password protected private management/forum, then elected management could guide and mould the business. If we did this, then we may get somewhere.

Reports of progress and invitations for people with expertise to join in could be posted in this forum and the project could grow from there.

Is anyone else holding back ideas?

---

• 115 posts
    April 28, 2010 8:24 PM EDT

Hi Mike

I'm still interested.

Mike a lot has been happening in the world economy and also;

There are many new groups trying to change the world.

I now support The Venus Project a World without Money or War. See My Forum

The Future Of Our World - God's Letters

Mike you may want to research this and have an alternate business plan.

Please let me know next step.

Regards Michael (rexiedexie)

---

• 115 posts
    January 4, 2011 1:48 AM EST

Big Hello

To all here.

Well I am stepping on the gas with several projects for 2011. I have one launching in Australia shortly.

It is a comprehensive horse racing site and if this projects works out here it will be able to be duplicated in any city.

I"ll let you all know when the site is online.

Mike how is your project coming along?

Does anyone here have new projects?

---

• 115 posts
    June 9, 2011 6:11 PM EDT

Hello All

There is a similar forum to this starting up at Adlandpro Community

Join or log in and contact me for details.

I have just made some new web pages see

Select Horse Racing

3 Sites In One Shiraz Market Link

Drop by and catch up with me at My Australian Community

---

• 115 posts
    March 7, 2012 6:46 AM EST

Hello All

I have created a Google Circle (group) Called Can We Start A Business Together  Can instead of could so to keep title short.

If anyone has read all posts here; you will know this Group is what we needed to make this idea a succeed. We needed a way to chat in private.

So friends I will try and invite you all individually, in me free time, over the coming months. 

For Now Join

Visit Join Google Circles .. Then find Group Above

Can We Start A Business Together   Can We Still Do It?  That is The Question?

I am a Scorpio I NEVER GIVE UP!

Michael Clayton google rexiedexie

You can ADD ME on skype rexiedexie1  But must pay international calls

Also join me at Australian Contacts Ning Community

---

• 115 posts
    July 16, 2012 7:45 PM EDT

Hello All

Just an update July17 2012 I have 3 new urls If you want to catch up visit my community.

http://www.freeads.love-au.com

http://www.passioncoffee.com.au

http://www.selectracing.com.au

I also have a Community http://australiancontacts.ning.com

---

• 115 posts
    April 1, 2013 11:38 PM EDT

Friends I Never Give Up

I have developed a concept where most all the questions here have been answered.

This concept let's us all work our own business or the business we share as major share holders.

We can all work this businesss as often as we like. We will all be rewarded for our effort.

We all derive income in accordance with the time we commit.

If peope wish to leave they sell their share and we have a new member.

We all advertise other members businesses so we all benifit.

Based on this concept

Contact me if you are interested.

---

• 183 posts
    October 11, 2006 1:56 AM EDT

Hey Everybody....Great comments....and even better enthusiasm! I think this idea has merit, but as has been pointed out, there are logistical challenges. I think we should try to work through them. Let`s test the idea by actually trying to make something happen.

The first step is to explore business ideas. I think an online business makes the most sense since we will be a virtual company - all operating from each of our own homebase. Maybe an e-commerce company???

Just to throw something out there....does anybody think there might be merit in creating a branded e-commerce store which specializes in products - software, hardware, etc. - focused on preventing identity theft and ensuring privacy?? I know this is a hot area. For example, take a look at the simple example of what`s happened in the personal paper shredder market. Silly as it sounds...you see lots of new brands, sales are brisk, and the reason is because people don`t want to throw out documents without destroying them first because they are concerned about identity theft and privacy issues. This is an example of a hardware product line which could be offered. And the examples go on and on....

Just a thought....I`m open to ideas from others, but I have the feeling this could make for a hot business idea.

I for one am willing to work on the business plan, provide strategic guidance, and be responsible for raising money.

We need people who can do web development, merchandising, product sourcing, branding, PR and marketing, and of course we need people who could operate the company.

Thoughts??

Jeff

Did you ever consider finding a way to take the collective experiences on this forum as they are many and varied and start a consulting service?  If you`re going to start a company of this sort you have to consider that people will want to do things from home and not move or relocate, right?

I keep thinking of the Tony Robbins `modeling` success theory and putting it into practice with the collective on this board.

It`s just an idea.  Anyone want to add to this?

---
    Aaron Wood
    CEO
    San Diego Dream Weavers
    http://www.sddreamweavers.com
    awood@sddreamweavers.com

New and improved! Now with blogging goodness!
    http://www.sddreamweavers.com/san-diego-seo-marketing-blog/

• 4 posts
    February 26, 2007 12:35 PM EST
    Jeff, count me in Marketing and Sales.

---
    BlanketSlippers.com Sit with it - Lay with it - Stand with it Be Comfortable the Rest of Your Life

• 2 posts
    April 18, 2007 6:52 PM EDT

Hi Jeff et al,

Let`s Do it...

MarketPlace

SEE:   ALIVE...   &   Amenamen

• 2 posts
    April 29, 2007 2:27 PM EDT

Hi Rich,

Who are You talking with, Please?

Thanks,

b

• April 28, 2010 4:58 PM EDT

OK  I am in position to where I think we  can  take this concept to the next  level.

I am seeking 6 -12 members that would be interested in the launch of the first  program.

I have an outlined structure of the program but the decision making process for the business will be made by a popular  vote process.

For those who are interested, please  contact me  with the qualities that you feel  will benefit the group. 

My  goal is to have the business model  decided upon by the end of May, moving towards the development of the Business.

Those who participate  within the first Business

• will have first opportunity to participate in future programs
    • will be afforded the opportunity to invite others in future programs

FYI.  we already have three non-SUN members but since there seemed to be so much interest a while back, I felt it would be beneficial to offer SUN members the opportunity for participation.

Ideas

---
    Ideas are forever and Opportunities are Unlimited.

• April 29, 2010 5:58 PM EDT

Hey  rexiedexie,

Many moons have past, nice to hear from you.

I'll touch base  with you in a  few  days, currently  finishing up  something, then we can start  moving  forward.

I would  like to  keep the  first  project  with  smaller  group of people so we can  work out the  kinks.  If you  know  anybody  interested let me know.

ideas

---

• May 22, 2010 7:28 PM EDT

as  far  as  I  know  the  group  that  got closest  was  stuck with  how  the  business  was  going to be  constructed.  Didn't  hear  anything  after  that.

I'm thinking  a straight up  corporation.  To many  processes  were  made to  difficult.

formulating  program as  we  speak  ,  for  those  that  have  already  contacted  me  and  any  new  interested  individuals  will be  notified  of  launch.

mike

---

• 2 posts
    November 12, 2006 12:37 PM EST
    so what`s the business idea we are going with?