Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Could We Create a Business Together?

• 5 posts
    May 12, 2007 1:40 PM EDT
    can one of you provide an update for those of us who are not on the inside of this project?

a few questions:

1. what`s the business?
    2. what`s the status of the business?
    3. who "owns" the business (and benefits from operating it)?
    4. what`s the experience been like trying to do this virtually, open source, througn a community?

inquiring minds want to know!

Rich did you find the info you were looking for reguarding this email you sent.

Thanks,

Lexus

rich

• 1 posts
    November 2, 2006 7:54 AM EST
     I like it a bussines model for entrepreneurs to work with start ups that pull from the community of like minded folks to share know how and resources that come together with safety net. Mark 
    • 2 posts
    September 10, 2008 8:10 AM EDT
    Farrell I`ve seen this information before... what happened to the old posts People Brainstorm had - I can`t find them.  Anyway... thanks for your thoughts.  I`m a supporter of your cause.
    • 2 posts
    September 16, 2008 12:16 PM EDT
    Good Evening,

I think this thread is quite an amazing read and worth the time to review.  Mike, I fully understand your wanting to get something off the ground and fast.  I feel PeopleBrainstorm.com provides that starting point.  I also believe that there are others just as interested in the concept as you are and over time they will come forth - when the time is right.  This concept is however one slightly different than SuN`s genre so it will not be for all.  That`s okay too.  SuN is a great place to congregate on all kinds of things.  I agree with Mitey, leaders are the initial step to the growth of a project as such.  I admire your passion Mike and look forward to seeing more of your thoughts.

Respectfully submitted,

TheRealBrains

• 10 posts
    July 5, 2007 8:07 AM EDT

Jeff:

Although I am new to StartupNation. I would love to join in! :) My wife has many skills that she can contribute (mostly clerical, among others). I also have plenty of skills myself.

I think it is a great idea! :) My wife also has an idea about how about we start a poll with the type of businesses that everyone comes up with. We could also just do a suggestion thread as well.

What do you think?

---
    Frank Sita
    policyagent@aol.com (e-mail)

• 1 posts
    October 25, 2006 11:02 PM EDT

PORTANT :  University of Victory has PreLaunched and for 4 days only is offering FREE enrollment to distributors who got burned in PAS, clones, emerald passport to prosperity etc.Moreover this will help you to save something to the tune of 2000 dollars

www.UniversityOfVictory.org/4days-enroll-free.html

• 31 posts
    October 17, 2006 1:04 PM EDT

Jackede,

You have a simple and solid idea that I would stand behind (or in front). To throw it out there Jeff, here’s another idea you may have read before. This idea may be more practical for those of us who are already working countless hours growing our own business and lack the time to participate in another venture:

IDEA: There must be thousands of people like me who were encouraged to start a business in part because of Startup Nation. If each of us took the profit from our first sale and pooled it together we can all help give grant money (not loans) to those entrepreneurs who truly are in need and deserve it. One requirement of the grant would be a weekly update on how the new business is going. This will allow your readers to learn and experience it as it is happening. When the entrepreneurs succeed they can put the money back into the pool, if they wish, for the next person who needs it to start their business.

As for me, I sent in the money from my first sale to Jeff. Who`s next? 

---
    Have a Creepy Crawly Day!

Seth, Bugmaster
    www.CoolBugStuff.com

• 31 posts
    October 26, 2006 10:04 AM EDT

Time to choose.

A poll is really needed here but if this is THE list, I`d put my name on #7, an E-Commerce site for advertising specialties.

Why?

1. Practically every business uses some form of incentives, promotions, give-a-ways, or POP (Point of Purchase) advertising.

2. Most every company has a shirt, hat, apron, pen, coffee mug, or jacket with their company logo printed on it.

3. Almost every business uses printed forms, envelopes, stationary, and business cards.

4. Traditional advertising (print, TV, Radio, Direct Mail) has been on the decline...actually a free fall! Businesses are looking for alternative marketing opportunities.

5. What business does not give corporate or company gifts to their best customers and employees?

These are all advertising specialties. How many of the above do you use?

As a former Advertising Creative Director and Vice President I can tell you, through experience, that promotional advertising (advertising specialties) offers a healthy profit margin with little overhead and practically no inventory. Their is no shortage of vendors to buy from, products to offer, or business customers who need, want, and use these products. 

Is their a great deal of competition in the marketplace? Oh yeh...but what SUN member isn`t up for that? 

---

Seth, Bugmaster
    www.CoolBugStuff.com

• 31 posts
    November 14, 2006 4:46 AM EST
    Please don`t scream but I`d like to throw something in the mix here. In today`s Wall Street Journal there is a Notice Of Sale of Collateral for U.S. Patent 7,080,778 (movable Object Accoutnability System). I have read and reread the patent claim and it needs a brighter and more skilled mind to understand the application; however, I do see possibility (and huge potential) for a SUN nationwide business using the technology. Patent pros, where are you?

---

Seth, Bugmaster
    www.CoolBugStuff.com

• October 15, 2006 7:45 PM EDT

The technology exist to have a virtual company that can track all production of administrative staff that work from their home and all production and sales of product.  I know it exist because I have developed a virtual company that is working with independent agents in the movement of our Mortgage/Debt Reduction Plan.  We have no home office.  Actually we do, it is about 12 feet by 12 feet about 15 feet from my bedroom, my home office.  I have developed the systems to allow me to expand indefinitely at little or not cost with a self financed expansion by our producers.  We are set up to have thousands of agents and hundreds of employees without expanding the size of the “Home” office.  It is a virtual paperless company.  Our marketing is a $11 trillion dollar market of consumer debt that needs to be eliminated.  Consumers are paying billions of dollars in interest every year.  They do not need to do that for ever.

I would be happy to help consult on such a set up for the virtual company being proposed.

As a company or product, the concept that I would like to see developed is a one stop shopping for business consulting.  My expertise is in the area of the development of the business plan with full detailed financial analysis of the functionality of the company, business or project.  The concept that I liked is a concept that all expertise could be available for production of an end product for entrepreneurs, businesses, government, etc.  Those that get involved in each project are compensated with a portion of that compensation going to the identity of the mutual business.  There would be limited start-up cost, etc.

I came upon our M/DRP concept for the elimination of debt from the years of developing extensive economic and financial cash flow plans for both new and mature businesses and companies.  I had more debt than I cared to have and wanted to find a way to eliminate it as fast as possible.  In the process of discovery I developed a new methodology and system for the elimination of debt without changing a family’s lifestyle.  We are now in the process of distributing the product and have set families on course, in just 12 months, to saving over $17 million in interest.

I have joined this community looking for entrepreneurs all over the nation that want to get out of debt and would like to participate in the expansion and development of additional cash flow.   My expertise is administrative and the development of systems.  What I would like is input on the expansion of the business, keeping in mind to think outside the box.  We have a terrific compensation plan and a good start.  We now need to explode it to its full potential.

I would like to hear from those that think outside the box.

---
    M/DRP Marketing Services, Inc. Richard L. Harter, CPM, CSM, CRES President/CEO Eliminating Debt Through a New Way of Thinking with no Lifestyle Change. Join M/DRP Marketing Services, Inc. and double or triple your income.

• October 30, 2006 2:42 AM EST

I have been reading and watching this group sort out their thoughts and start to develop a direction.  There are many possibilities through which products can be moved.  Once the team has settled on the direction, one structure for building a distribution system is through the use of direct sales empowered through a network or override environment where the growth of the movement of product can be enhanced with the support and power of the internet.

For instance, I currently have a business that was developed to survice an $11 trillion market.  That market is the $11 trillion in consumer debt that needs to be eliminated.  If you can do that without changing a person`s lifestyle, you save thousand of dollars in interest.  We teach a New Way of Thinking with new methodolgies and systems for handling money.

To facilitate this process I have developed a virtual company for the processing or distribution of our Mortgage/Debt Reduction Plan or M/DRP.

I bring this up because this same virtual office structure used for M/DRP distribution can be used for other products, concepts or ideas that can be distributed through the tremendous process of word of mouth and team building.  Keep thinking outside of the box.  Don`t limit the possibilities to just the internet.  The internet is the backbone, but it allows us to go beyond even its boundaries.

Our virtual office allows us to process, collect money and distribute money to the producers in an almost hands off system.  It is a system like nothing I have seen before in the ability to track production and processes and to allow the company to grow without walls.  This type of a structure sounds like the structure that needs to be implemented in order to process, track, pay, distribute, etc. and to have an ever expanding business without overhead costs associated with a centralized company, yet as well connected as if everyone is working in the same building.  It does not matter as to location of personnel, etc.

When we come to the point we are truly talking about distribution, we can consider the applicability of a product or products that would lend themselves to this type of envirnoment.  I would then be happy to help set up a virtual office with unlimited capacity for team building, distribution, processing, collection of dollars, distribution of money, etc.

Keep it up - it is headed in the direction that can have tremendous results.

---
    M/DRP Marketing Services, Inc. Richard L. Harter, CPM, CSM, CRES President/CEO Eliminating Debt Through a New Way of Thinking with no Lifestyle Change. Join M/DRP Marketing Services, Inc. and double or triple your income.

• November 19, 2006 4:00 AM EST

I personally like the IGNITE concept and its ability to facility content of material.  I think a perfect marriage for the business is the development of  eLearning with a Shopping Mall.  They can be cross referenced.  Just about any product that is sold needs to have an education of the product and its advantage for the consumer.  If you educate, then you need to have the ability to provide the product that is the solution to the education.

As an example, we educate families on what money is and what debt is, then provide a solution for the elimination of debt and are saving families millions in interest.  On a national basis it could be billions saved.  The national savings rate is now below zero when in the early 80`s it was 8%.  The ratio of debt payments to income is going up as America continues to grow to over $11 trillion in consumer debt.  As we head into the holidays VISA will take on consumer debt of $9 billion per day.  Families need to be educated on how to get out of debt, then they need a product (system) that will help them eliminate debt years earlier and save thousands in interest.

eLarning and a Shopping Mall would work hand in hand for our Mortgage/Debt Reduction Plan as it would for many other products and services.

I notice that both concepts are the leaders in the poll.  Don`t do one with the limitation of not doing the other.

If put together right, there would be real synergy between the two concepts.

---

• November 19, 2006 5:51 AM EST

To Steve Kirk - Glutten Free Cookies

That is why we need both avenues.  eLearning and Shopping Mall.  You put up appropriate educational material on the importance of glutten free food items and from there it is linked to your site in the shopping mall where your product can be purchased.

If people are properly educated, then they will understand how your product can solve their issue.  I know the value of glutten free food items.  For 30 years I was allergic to glutten.  Most people have no idea that they have a glutten intolerance and suffer for years.  My doctors did not diagnose the issue.  It was through personal education that I finally solved the problem.

TheDebtEliminator2006-11-19 11:53:25

---

• 1 posts
    September 10, 2008 7:57 AM EDT
    The concept exists! PeopleBrainstorm.com 

A community where people create and implement real life companies.

People Brainstorm has developed THE platform for virtual community business creation. Anyone can participate in the development and direction of People Brainstorm companies. This beta version allows members to determine how the $1000 budget for Life Awaken Inc. will be spent, who will hold certain positions in the company and everything else involved with a business. We encourage you to get involved now to learn the ropes for future projects.

Once we move into the full version, members will also have the option to invest in these projects if they desire. The best part, investing has no bearing on your opportunity with the project. When a new project is activated, People Brainstorm members will be chosen for the initial company board. From here the board takes over.

Welcome to People Brainstorm.

• 8 posts
    December 27, 2006 12:18 PM EST
    people do business with other people over the internet everday and they never meet in person. It`s very possible, but the truth is there can only be a few owners in a business because the profit margin will become slimmer with each new share holder. You could set it up so percentage`s get paid through commisions, and everyone is pay through preformance.

---
    The Business Success Group

• 3 posts
    October 10, 2006 11:50 AM EDT
    I think that is a really killer idea, count me in!

---
    -- Rex Stevens TR Design Studio LLC 253-238-7769 rex@trdesignllc.com www.trdesignllc.com

• 335 posts
    April 13, 2007 5:41 AM EDT
    post away, patience!

---
    Rich Sloan , Co-Founder, Chief Startupologist, StartupNation

• 335 posts
    April 29, 2007 11:18 AM EDT
    can one of you provide an update for those of us who are not on the inside of this project?

a few questions:

1. what`s the business?
    2. what`s the status of the business?
    3. who "owns" the business (and benefits from operating it)?
    4. what`s the experience been like trying to do this virtually, open source, througn a community?
    inquiring minds want to know!

rich

---

• 335 posts
    April 29, 2007 2:42 PM EDT
    sorry for making assumptions!

i am reaching out to the person/people who are organizing a business currently... who, from what i understand, have used this post/thread as a stepping off point to actually create a business together.

any help would be appreciated!

i`d like to bring this to life on our national radio show.

rich

---

• 335 posts
    April 30, 2007 2:18 AM EDT

Hi Rich:

We have Nondisclosure Agreements in place so let me find out exactly what information the team may disclose at this point and I`ll be back to give an update to the community.

thanks, miteymite!

sound like something interesting is indeed brewing!

rich

---

• 335 posts
    May 13, 2008 11:12 AM EDT
    MiteyMite,

you`re such an amazing and resilient leader!

if you`d like, we could set up any collaborative business you form in a private forum area available only to "members" you accept.

---

• 10 posts
    October 10, 2006 10:57 AM EDT

Dear Jeff, I think it`s a great idea!!!!!

I would be willing to put my patents up for the project if anyone is interested.

Flip-It 

---
    FLIP-IT

• 10 posts
    October 10, 2006 5:21 PM EDT

Dear Jodi,

Hi, my name is Robert Meza. I was thinking that a good start for my invention would be the small collage bookstores.I submitted my product to Texas A&M

Corpus Christi (texas) and it was approved.I had a millionare partner that was only interested in a tax rightoff and never wanted to sell any of the products. I retook possesion of my patents and want to look at the posablitys of starting the business again with people that want to make money. Any ideas would be welcomed my number is (361)939-7685

---
    FLIP-IT

• 10 posts
    October 16, 2006 11:53 AM EDT

Jackede, I think your idea is right on target. Lets get it done.

Flip-It

---
    FLIP-IT

• 19 posts
    May 26, 2008 5:07 PM EDT
    Hey Jeff,

I am just joining this discussion. I recently hear a report on NPR on philanthropic entrepreneurship and immediately remembered this post. As a wonderful and vast, not to mention brilliant community wouldnt it be amazing to see what we could create (or change) in the world (while making $$).

Heres what one amazing co did (and they make tons of $$):

---
    Robin Lucas, CEO
    MYSS, LLC- Creator of Chic Peeks Adhesive Cleavage Covers
    www.ChicPeeks.com
    "Ladies, this ain`t your mamma`s dickie"