Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Could We Create a Business Together?

• 3 posts
    March 13, 2008 3:10 PM EDT
    will i get help for... http://realwebserver.com/my-articles/what-is-digimaya-and-how-you-can-make-money.html
    • 7 posts
    May 15, 2012 12:50 PM EDT

If you guys need marketers, let me know ;)

• 16 posts
    October 10, 2006 9:49 AM EDT

Hi Jeff,

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Throw my hat in the ring to handle all vehicle maintenance and all manufacturing equipment maintenance logisticst which are currently in use and proposed. Every business has these types of expenses and I`ll show you how to cut those very same expenses 20 - 60 percent. I have a "Looong" reach, covering the 50 states and all of Canada.

Albert "AL" Rich, ADR Oil Company; www.ADRoil.com 1-866-364-5489

---
    Forging the Awareness of Value and Quality of AMSOIL for People and Business.

Albert Rich, ADR Oil Company, Wholesale Jobber;
    Office 321-287-1981
    www.ADRoil.com
    Email; ALrich@adroil.com

• 39 posts
    October 10, 2006 7:59 AM EDT

GREAT idea.  I am on board if it ever comes to fruition.  There are so many very positive do-ers on SUN so I see it actively pushed forward here.  How would we share the profit (because there would be profit!)?

---
    http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/contestant/12907/index.php

• 39 posts
    October 10, 2006 8:00 AM EDT

I`m not so sure I agree. I find entreprenuers competitive, to be sure. But I`ve met a lot of collaborative entrepreneurs on this board, as well.
    And when they`re collaborating for some moolah, who knows.
    (Maybe it`s called collabora-ka-ching.)

Collabora-ka-ching sounds like a catch phrase to me!

---
    http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/contestant/12907/index.php

• 39 posts
    October 10, 2006 8:13 AM EDT

Hey Everybody....Great comments....and even better enthusiasm! I think this idea has merit, but as has been pointed out, there are logistical challenges. I think we should try to work through them. Let`s test the idea by actually trying to make something happen.

The first step is to explore business ideas. I think an online business makes the most sense since we will be a virtual company - all operating from each of our own homebase. Maybe an e-commerce company???

Just to throw something out there....does anybody think there might be merit in creating a branded e-commerce store which specializes in products - software, hardware, etc. - focused on preventing identity theft and ensuring privacy?? I know this is a hot area. For example, take a look at the simple example of what`s happened in the personal paper shredder market. Silly as it sounds...you see lots of new brands, sales are brisk, and the reason is because people don`t want to throw out documents without destroying them first because they are concerned about identity theft and privacy issues. This is an example of a hardware product line which could be offered. And the examples go on and on....

Just a thought....I`m open to ideas from others, but I have the feeling this could make for a hot business idea.

I for one am willing to work on the business plan, provide strategic guidance, and be responsible for raising money.

We need people who can do web development, merchandising, product sourcing, branding, PR and marketing, and of course we need people who could operate the company.

Thoughts??

Jeff

I would be willing to work in the PR/Marketing sphere.  Also think that adding services that specialize in computer information security and linking with companies that offer that in every state (from our StartUp Nation, of course) would be a value added service.  Website security, home computer security, online security seminars, and the list goes on and on!  I have tons of ideas.

---

• 39 posts
    October 10, 2006 8:19 AM EDT

This has been tried before. Anybody heard of The Business Experiment? A group of about 800 people joined online to create an online business. Everybody that joined became part owner of the group. It failed. I think one of the biggest reasons for the failure was that out of 800 people, most wern`t pulling their weight. I was one of the 800. I didn`t pull my weight. I, like most people, joined because I was just interested in observing the process. Despite receiving media publicity, The Business Experiment shut down. Too many observers and too few people doing any actual work. I think this type of thing can still work but we would need to learn from the mistakes of The Business Experiment.

I agree.   I am willing to pull my weight and more.  If we were to have everyone who signs on, actually have something to do, and be held accountable (I see people dropping off right away at the thought), it would narrow it down to those who actually work.  Good point.

---

• 39 posts
    October 31, 2006 2:19 AM EST

Hey Vince~ you brought up a good point.  I hope project participation will continue to be open to and encouraged by ALL members of SUN.

With the Sun Member Projects we`ll be creating much more here than just successful businesses.  We will be creating opportunities..... opportunities to learn, teach, grow and collaborate with other members.  It would be a wonderful thing if those opportunities were spread as far and as wide throughout the SUN community as possible.

I agree.  I think that SUN has been great in allowing people with a variety of talents and varied degrees of experience to help each other and build business relationships.  If we can allow that to extend to include this business opportunity, it would be great.  I have seen the beginnings of seperating and exclusion and that bothers me a little bit. 

Has anyone thought of outsourcing to foreign countries, the way they outsource to us?  The need is out there, and it`s time we gave other countries a run for their money.

Blu

---

• 2 posts
    April 13, 2013 5:47 PM EDT

I have used a private community on facebook for over three years to give my team a place to come and bounce ideas off each other - discuss what we talked about in the training webinar, and get how to information for their blogs and business ideas.

Our business training center is a large community that is so supportive.

A community works and is amazing to have support.

---
    Angela Brooks www.angelabrook.com

• 9 posts
    January 24, 2007 3:02 AM EST
    Jeff, what an exciting idea.  I wasn`t able to read all 62 postings so far.  With the collective, knowledge and expertise on this site you have a wealth of talent to draw from.  What type of business are you considering?  Obviously internet based.....I`ll read the rest of the posts.  I`m sure there are many ideas and I`m interested in being involved as well.  Congratulations on your success...it has been fun watching everthing evolve.

---
    Helping Businesses On The Grow
    http://www.aliciarobertsco.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/aliciaroberts

• 115 posts
    October 26, 2006 2:06 PM EDT

Hi Jeff

Jeff    I developed software to do this some years back but my business partner passed away before the project was finished.

The software can control franchises or agencies or agents or members buy a large number if criteria including employment category or job etc etc    .

This project has remained uncompleted since 1990. I have been seeking to find a local business partner in Melbourne Australia to finish the project. But as yet I have not found the ideal person. I have come close several times.

The software can do matching for singles/dating or employment or can also be easily adapted to many other uses. I need someone local to complete this software as due to problems with the original software company I no longer have the site design specifications which took several years to prepare.

If you can find a project we could all be a part of, I would be happy to consider the be involved.

---
    Regards Michael Clayton (rexiedexie)

My Affiliate Articles & Web Page Traffic

• 115 posts
    October 29, 2006 9:26 PM EST

Hi All

I agree re security.

This is one reason I have not said much here as yet as what is said here is available to the world.

My first suggestion would be we develop our own secure hidden Intranet and Extranet product and run this as if it were a company where everyone was in the same office.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet

But to do this we have to elect a leader of the first stage and then we have the problem of that person getting information and idea overload.

Someone should be appointed point leader and he/she will most likely  need assistants to screen the expected overload of communications from the team.

But first we need a secure environment. I do not believe this can be done on startup nation server.

Down the track in a secure environment we can discuss the legal and company structure.

---

• 115 posts
    October 30, 2006 10:52 PM EST

Hi All,

Lets elect somone to be in charge an co-ordinate step 1.

I nominate MiteyMite

Anyone second the motion?

Any other nominations for the job?

---

• 115 posts
    October 31, 2006 9:32 AM EST

Yes Steve

The water does spin the right way down here. But my mind and thinking goes the other way sometimes.

---

• 115 posts
    November 13, 2006 6:52 PM EST

My Top 10

3, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5d, 5e, 7d, 15a, 15b, 21,

7d Could be like a password protected internal forum.

If we get the initial structure right a lot of the other suggestions could be done later or even at the same time under separate management or board.

---

• 115 posts
    November 15, 2006 10:46 AM EST

Hi Mike,

I tend to agree with you as knowledge could be our biggest asset.

Many big companies have a good knowledge base throughout the organization but if management cannot access it or is unaware that the knowledge is there, this knowledge is not utilized

Mike I develop matchmaking software and the information wanted is always there, its how you go about finding it and organizing it that detriments the value of the results. It`s also important also to be able to track back the history.

Learn a little more about me http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/profiles/2811A.html

rexiedexie2006-11-15 17:29:40

---

• 115 posts
    November 19, 2006 4:21 PM EST

Hi Mike

Re  ("Tying it back to the proposed e-learning program.  why would someone want to pay us $19.99 for a course when they can get it or a very similiar one  from someone else at no cost. ???? ")

Mike this is where innovation presentation and marketing skills come in. If you are starting any offline business; you set up in an area where the most opposition is. Why because there are ample buyers there and you only have to take a few percent of customers from each opposition to survive.

With good presentation and marketing you can sell things that others give away.  Many consumers associate quality with price.  Something that you get free often is seen as not being of any real value. If a person pays a price for a product it has value an is more likely to be used or appreciated.

Regards Michael C

---

• 115 posts
    November 20, 2006 8:13 PM EST
    Could we educate people to use widgets where ever possible?

---

• 115 posts
    November 21, 2006 9:35 AM EST

Frndchips

Where did you take this test???

Another test for you "Find Out What Type Of Entrepreneur You Are"

See the Free Profiler Test http://www.peoplethatclick.com/

Michael C (rexiedexie)

---

• 115 posts
    November 21, 2006 1:08 PM EST

Re

"Jeff/Group,
      Yes, This is why I`m here.  I have just the (patented) products.  My guitar technology can make us all wealthy.  What is the 2nd step? Lets do this. NOW!"

Jeffrey and all here: just stick with this group as things progress I`m sure we can incorporate all talanted people and ideas here into the money making process. It you have not been following this post long; it may help you if you read all posts.

---

• 115 posts
    November 21, 2006 3:07 PM EST

Vinyl records are still very popular with collectors.

In todays music sceen and clubs have DJs playing all over the country to the local kids (children/teenagers).

A local Melbourne Company here in Australia sells a super high quality turn-table.

It sells in Australia for $65,000 Aud  about $50,000 USD and is being distributed worldwide. A friend of mine, his son work on the design.

See http://www.continuumaudiolabs.com/Contin.html

---

• 115 posts
    November 22, 2006 11:18 AM EST

I have been brainstorming with myself.

I asked myself;  Looking at the big picture. Where would I start..

If it were totally up to me to lay down the whole group concept as a business plan, the whole blueprint in which the group would evolve and work, the foundations of the group, how would I do this?

I think everyone could play with this idea an exercise. Among the many views on this or a combination of the many different views; The answer will eventually evolve. I do not see any need to rush, this is an evolutionary process.

When building anything the plans come first then they have to be submitted and approved.

We are moving ahead, We have elected the Point Leader. Projects are being considered in order for us to formulate what expertise are needed to help us elect the first board.

---

• 115 posts
    November 25, 2006 3:29 PM EST

Denise,

I agree with you. We are a group and are trying to start a business together.

Jeff and Rich Sloan and Startup Nation have their own projects and it seem to me that they are very involved in their own projects,  too involved to be doing all the support and hard work for us.

Jeff and Rich have been supportive of our endeavors to start a business together, but we must do this ourselves and not rely on them. 

My opinion is we should endeavors do all this ourselves; provide owe own hosting, owe own security, owe own secure internal communications etc.

---

• 115 posts
    December 10, 2006 12:11 PM EST

Michael T......  My View on your post

(When the question was first possed

Could We Create a Business Together?

nearly one hundred people said they were interested in participating within such a program.  I do not see 100 people giving input towards the development of the program. )   Michael I think everyone is still interested but are holding back to watch the program evolve. This is good as too many posts would make this thread too hard to read and follow, also some members have limited time.

(What am I missing here?)   Nothing yet; this is exciting.

(What are we doing wrong??) Nothing wrong yet the process is evolving.

(These are obvious signs of something not being the best they could be and if we want to develop a successful business/es we need to be able to identify and address such  potential problems.) Most all problems are being identified and looked at by individual members and will be addressed later .

(Either the programs aren`t being constructed properly or the process is incorrect,)  Michael the process is still evolving, a lot of information is not being posted for security reasons and to save confusion.

(or people made it sound like they were willing to offer a commitment  without actually being interested)  I believe members will step forward to take on rolls as the direction becomes clearer to them.

(or they were thinking  they were going to be participating within a program in which a successful business was going to be actively participating, SuN.)

Sun are too involved in their own business and site but will help if they can.

(or... or... or...

can someone tell me why they said they were interested but are not participating within the process at all.and this is being addressed to about 80-90 people.) This was answered above, if we build it and request their support, they will come. 

(IMHO `we have a problem here Houston`  and I feel it should be addressed, if for no other reson  the construction of the business itself, How people participate and the like need to be addressed.) This is a new adventure and a strange process I.E. kind of like a reverse natural disaster... Someone will step forward and take control and type of like a Dictator/Managing director will persuade people to comply and get their part of the job done. Money/ Profits will make people do what they need to do, regardless of the business model. 

(Am I the only one that sees this or is the attitude that we will make it and they will come.  If this is the case  no problem but the problem with that is I didn`t even see that discussion and decision being made) I think many key members a astutely aware of how this is evolving and can see light at the end of the tunnel....Yes we will make it and they will come.

(Somebody help me understand ) Michael hope this helps.

(Michael T)  Michael Clayton (rexiedexie)

---

• 115 posts
    January 6, 2007 4:06 PM EST

AddassaMari

The process is still evolving via other threads.

Over Chrismas New Year it kind of stalled but I`m sure will get back on track.

http://www.startupnation.com/pages/community/forum_topics.as p?FID=31&PN=1

---