Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Developing Your Invention

an invention I’d like to see made

• 2 posts
    October 9, 2007 8:19 AM EDT
    May I assume the glasses are ok to wear for a short period of time, but after a while they become uncomfortable?  If this is the case all we have to do is have the ability to dynamically adjust the resting location on the nose.  This will then help due to constant pressure on one spot.  This adjustment may impact the over all look of the glasses slightly, but for increase wear time I feel it may be worth it. 

If they never feel good well then I said all that for nothing..

---
    Eric Christoffersen
    President
    Rethink Innovations
    Audio - Video - Control - IT
    www.rethinkinnovations.com
    P: 609-654-7009
    F: 609-654-7118

• 2 posts
    October 9, 2007 7:57 AM EDT
    What about a pair of glasses that were counterweighted in some way with a heavier arm extending behind the ear? This might relieve a great deal of the pressure on your nose.
    • 79 posts
    October 3, 2007 7:16 AM EDT

You are looking for a helment mounted glasses.

• 79 posts
    October 6, 2007 8:24 PM EDT

Not in my knowledge.

It doesn`t have to be a helmet. A hat with some strong rim can work too. I am sure you can use some copper wire to make a prototype from an existing glasses.... however, people may think you are crazy if you wear it outside.

• 22 posts
    October 2, 2007 3:08 PM EDT
    One of the things on my wish list: eyeglasses that fit comfortably but do not rest on my nose. Any takers?

---
    WicksWorks Candle Emporium
    Featuring a wonderful selection of natural wax, aromatherapy and massage candles

• 22 posts
    October 2, 2007 5:28 PM EDT

OK, Steve, how `bout if we try the prototype on you first?

Janie, I`ll bite. Where do they rest? Hmmm?

---
    Featuring a wonderful selection of natural wax, aromatherapy and massage candles

• 22 posts
    October 6, 2007 2:35 PM EDT

johnqh,

This is certainly one good option. Does anyone make them yet, to your knowledge?

---

• 84 posts
    October 3, 2007 4:13 AM EDT
    I feel your pain, I hate wearing glasses! I wear contacts most of the time but even on the few occasions that I have to wear glasses, it`s very hard to find ones that are comfortable.

---
    Oleg Issers | StartupNation.com Web Team

50% of computer programming is trial and error. The other 50% is copy and paste.

• 84 posts
    October 3, 2007 7:41 AM EDT
    Image:Petherbridgeaslordwimsey.jpg

---
    Oleg Issers | StartupNation.com Web Team

50% of computer programming is trial and error. The other 50% is copy and paste.

• 13 posts
    November 10, 2007 5:40 PM EST
    what about ajustable "pads" that rest on your cheek bones? Only problem is that they would move alot if you were eating or smiling. ;) .... .....besides goggles, the nose is the only stable possition to rest glasses. But I strongly urge people not to start a goggle fad.... not really sure how that would play out. seriously though move your face around and pay close attention to what parts move and what does not... likely this would be a "per aplication" solution as most anything other than the nose would not work for most people. good luck... you can always try lasic :D
    • 13 posts
    November 10, 2007 5:42 PM EST
    as for counter weights... that would relieve the pressure on the nose.. but increase the pressure on the ears. ;)