Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » People and Companies Who Inspire

Life Changing Quotes

• 5 posts
    December 12, 2007 5:12 PM EST
    I`m in the construction business and I have two young men I employed about on year ago. These two boys look up to me and are very grateful to have a good job. Their very lives based on their previous "occupation" were headed in the direction of death or prison.

I`m proud of them because they are survivors of their previous environment and circumstances. And they have a favorite quote from me which has been their greatest inspiration.

"Success is the sweetest revenge."

• 22 posts
    May 7, 2006 3:50 AM EDT

Here is another my grandfather used to tell me.

"You have to hoe your own row"

It really got me thinking. It is true that no one will pave your path for you.

---
    Allan Thorne President Rock Solid Innovations LLC RockSolidInnov@sbcglobal.net www.RockSolidInnovations.com 408-786-6958

• 1 posts
    July 9, 2013 8:46 PM EDT

Amazing and inspiring quotes .I really obsessed by this useful information 

www.friendsfun.us

---
    You may like:[url=http://www.friendsfun.us/tags/Quotes-About-Friendship.html]friendship quotes[/url] .

• 36 posts
    May 5, 2006 3:40 AM EDT

I have a collection of quotes that I love. I chose just a few for all of you.

"Always bear in mind, that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing."

- Abraham Lincoln

"The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing."

- Michael E. Gerber

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

- Napoleon Hill

"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success."

- Henry David Thoreau

"You become what you think about."

- Earl Nightingale

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

- Thomas A. Edison

"You miss a 100 percent of the shots you don’t take."

- Wayne Gretzky

---
    VickiJ
    www.freshairjournal.com

• 621 posts
    May 10, 2006 9:43 AM EDT
    "There is no gravity, the earth just sucks." -origin unknown

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words

• 38 posts
    December 12, 2013 2:14 PM EST

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” - Joshua J. Marine

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby

• 3 posts
    February 13, 2014 3:47 AM EST
    Cookie said:

By Goethe:  At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you.

Absolutely true!

• 19 posts
    March 1, 2014 2:27 PM EST

My favorite quote by far: 

"Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Buddha

This quote inspired me to become a mom entrepreneur and develop a FREE 6DAY program to help more mothers build successful businesses. 

www.themomentrepreneurs.com

Peace, Love and Success are just a click away!

Enjoy!

• 12 posts
    July 12, 2014 2:13 PM EDT
    "Today's currency of business is SPEED"

This was told to me by Marshall Thurber (one of Buckminster Fuller's disciples) at one of his workshops for business owners. I've never forgotten it.

This quote stopped me from trying to be such a perfectionist in everything and be more speed aware.