Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » People and Companies Who Inspire

Life Changing Quotes

• 5 posts
    July 9, 2013 12:47 AM EDT

My thought for my life :- " always do what you want to do "

---
    Web Design and Development Company | Online Marketing Expert

• 54 posts
    December 18, 2007 6:45 AM EST
    Thanks

---
    Looking For Employees?
    Post Jobs at Mployd.com at http://www.mployd.com
    Employer Job Postings
    Looking For a Job?
    USA Jobs

• 36 posts
    May 4, 2006 10:17 AM EDT

"if you want to be remembered borrow some money, if you want to be forgotten lend some"

Don`t know who said it but they must be pretty smart ;)

---
    Bryan C. Fleming

http://www.BryanCFleming.com

• 1 posts
    February 28, 2007 1:41 PM EST

;-D i love that.

-Chera

• 731 posts
    May 4, 2006 4:13 PM EDT

the ones I like is By Andrew Grove. Founder of Intel "Only the Paranoid Survive" It`s actually what he named one of  his books. I think by far he has inspired me to continue.

Another one is Tony Blair:
    Sometimes it is better to lose and do the right thing than to win and do the wrong thing

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 3 posts
    October 9, 2012 7:42 AM EDT

“Character cannot be developed in ease

and quiet. Only through experience of

trial and suffering can the soul be

strengthened, ambition inspired, and

success achieved." ~ Helen Keller”

" In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." ~ Bill Cosby

"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." ~ Pema Chodron

---
    Eva Werk Founder, Unleash The Brilliance Within http://unleashthebrilliancewithin.com/blog http://unleashthebrilliancewithin.com

• 20 posts
    September 20, 2007 12:27 PM EDT

I can`t remember where I heard this, but here goes...

"The only people that don`t make mistakes are the ones that aren`t doing anything at all."

• 7 posts
    May 4, 2006 12:51 PM EDT

I came up with a list of quotes when I created my current site with the intention of including them on various pages - here are a few that I found inspiring.

Maya Angelou:

A bird doesn`t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Grace Hansen:

Don`t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.

Erica Jong:

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow talent to the dark place where it leads.

Muriel Strode:

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

---
    ~Empowering and Inspiring the World, One Woman at a Time.

• 17 posts
    May 4, 2006 5:31 PM EDT
    Great post, MeLissa!

Below are some of my absolute favorites.  Some are biblical in context, while others are simply poetic and moving.  These will make their way to beautiful frames and will be displayed to (hopefully) inspire others.

“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays. “
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The future belongs to those 
    who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

“Only as high as I reach can I grow,
    Only as far as I seek can I go,
    Only as deep as I look can I see,
    Only as much as I dream can I be.”
    - Karen Ravn

“Your talent is God`s gift to you. 
    What you do with it is your gift back to God.

- Unknown

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." 
    - Albert Einstein

"It takes as much stress to be a success as it does to be a failure."
    - Emilio James Trujillo

• 233 posts
    May 7, 2006 6:05 AM EDT
    Some of my personal favorites:

"I haven`t failed, I`ve found 10,000 ways that didn`t work" (Benjamin Franklin)

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise" (Ted Turner)

"Business is like riding a bicycle.  Either you keep moving or you fall down." (Frank Lloyd Wright)

"When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme" (Jiminy Cricket)

"I`ve never let my schooling interfere with my education" (Mark Twain)

- J.

---
    Jeff Fisher | Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Tweet! Tweet!

• 1 posts
    November 6, 2008 6:13 PM EST
    A couple I have come across that made me read twice are:

"You make me proud to spell my name W-O-M-A-N"
    "I`m the one that has to die when it`s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to." Jimi Hendrix
    "I like the type of person that when they walk into a room, they meet everybody, not just who they think they should meet"
    "try everything once, twice if ya like it"
    "Going only part of the way is not the same as going the wrong way"

• 344 posts
    May 10, 2006 7:15 AM EDT

"Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don`t control what you think, you can`t control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward"

~ Napoleon Hill

---
    Richard Arnold · Key Concept Writers · Business Communication: The "Key" To Success· Law of Attraction Blog · Life Ain`t Brain Surgery Blog

• 65 posts
    May 4, 2006 6:49 AM EDT

I don`t know about the rest of you, but for me reading a quote by Steve Jobs was what set me on the path to being my own boss.  Every once in a while, I find another quote that inspires me to think differently about life/work.  I think it would be great if we could share with each other these Life Changing Inspirations.

Here`s my Steve Jobs quote:  "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I`m about to do today?"

And, interestingly enough, the inspiration for this post was this quote:

"What wold you do if you knew you could not fail?"  This I found in a magazine I was readng.  Gloria Vanderbilt gave her son, Anderson Cooper of CNN fame, a silver bar with this inscribed on it.  I think it is a great way to approach things. 

So, what has inspired you?

• 34 posts
    December 19, 2006 6:13 PM EST

"There is no try. Only do." -Yoda

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can`t, you`re right."

---
    I know you`ve heard of this before... Pay It Forward 4 Profits Free info on perfecting/advertising your primary business! Mastering Your Primary Business

• 1 posts
    April 2, 2010 9:07 PM EDT

The logo, the identity is the entry to their business. It sets the mood, it determines how people will react, how people will view and gauge this new business. There is no denying it, this is important stuff.

http://www.summitsoftcorp.com/

• 7 posts
    September 14, 2010 8:27 AM EDT

"The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another."
    - James Matthew Barrie

"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
    - Tom Lehrer

I created Power Sayings 2010 application to provide you with daily life quotes. Try it for free now Laughing

---
    Be inspired and impress others - www.PowerSayings.com

• 0 posts
    November 2, 2006 4:49 AM EST

Some of my all-time favorites:

If you keep doing what you`ve done, you`ll keep getting what you`ve got - unknown

If you always sail close to the shore, you`ll never discover new territories - unknown

Don`t treat every problem like a nail just because all you have is a hammer - unknown

The greatest wisdom comes from those experiments that fail - unknown

Winning the race isn`t hard. You only need to make sure that no one comes in ahead of you. - unknown

It doesn`t matter so much what you do. What matters is how you do it. - unknown (I think I might have actually made that one up myself... but it doesn`t matter. It always reminds me of two things I consider to be most important: integrity and thriving on excellence)

Best,

Ralf

Ralf2006-11-2 11:51:17

---
    Ralf Bieler
    Principal & Chief Executive Officer
    Multiple Funding Solutions, Inc.
    Office:(561) 746-1954
    www.MultipleFundingSolutions.com
    The Smarter Way To Better Business Financing

• 79 posts
    November 4, 2006 5:18 PM EST

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they`re yours.

- from "Illusions, The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah"

---
    "If you`ve got a frog to swallow, don`t look at it too long. And if you`ve got more than one to swallow, swallow the biggest one first"--Danny Cox

• 30 posts
    November 10, 2008 12:48 AM EST
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” - Calvin Coolidge

And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

• 234 posts
    November 2, 2006 4:19 AM EST
    I started reading the essay that Canadiasian mentioned. He`s right. It is well worth reading. In fact I`ll likely save it on my iPAQ so I can read it often.

There`s been no activity on this thread since May. Why bring it up now? Well, thank you Joel for bringing it up, if for no other reason than so I could read this essay. I happen to believe it`s possible to do great work in any business.
    • 17 posts
    October 7, 2013 12:30 AM EDT

" Life Changes Quote and Quote Changes Life "

---
    Custom Made Clothing | Custom Made Shirts

• 16 posts
    May 5, 2006 7:51 AM EDT

Here`s mine: "It is never too late to be what you might have been."  (George Eliot)

Thanks, Sheila

---
    Seafarer

Author Web site |

Family Travel blog |

Every Dot Connects blog

• 44 posts
    October 11, 2007 8:15 AM EDT
    My favorite & I don`t know who said it, is "Nothing will ever be accomplished if all possible objections must first be overcome."  Not that one shouldn`t be prepared, that one shouldn`t recognize what could go wrong, etc. etc. but one can`t not get started just because something MIGHT go wrong.  Most of the time, you do your due diligence & then you just have to go for it....
    Cookie2007-10-11 13:20:1
    • 44 posts
    April 30, 2010 3:10 PM EDT

By Goethe:  At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you.

• July 15, 2012 9:34 PM EDT

The quote that you share is so inspiring. When it comes to the changing quote, it occurs to me this sentence"Way of your choice, even if the knees have to go through". Once I feel frustrated or upset, it will give me strength to carry on.