August 23, 2007 4:13 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any statistics regarding how many home-based businesses are online? I`ve searched high and low and have not found any info regarding what I would think is a very important measure of how the internet has affected the business world, entrepreneurs, families and so on...
That`s not an easy question to answer, The numbers are all over the place depending on who`s dong the counting. In either case, here are some estimates:
- According to IDC, a top national research firm, there are between 34.3 million and 36.6 million home office households in the United States alone.
- Nationwide, the number of home-based businesses may range from 18 million to 38 million, depending on who is doing the counting. U.S. Census figures. Pittsburgh Business Times
- The number of home-based businesses in the United States surpassed 20 million in 2002, and is expected to eclipse 25 million by 2003 according to International Data Corp.
- In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that there are now more than 18.3 million homebased businesses in the United States. (Entrepreneur Magazine )
- The number of U.S. households that have a home-based business currently exceeds 12 percent." - Office of Advocacy, Small Business Administration
- Newsweek magazine reports that by the year 2005, it’s anticipated that 50% of the households in the United States will be involved in a home-based business! (Source: http://www.kristiet.com/home-biz-fact-sheet.htm)
Anyway, based on these numbers, the number of home businesses in the U.S. range from 18 to 38 million.
---If you`re tired of all the money-making
hype, lies and scams...read this!
Click here for more details!