Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Help - Balance Sheet?

• September 6, 2006 4:11 PM EDT
    Hi Leah,

I am providing a link below. It gives some good information on balance sheets as well as a link to an Excel template that you can fill in (and use).

http://www.toolkit.cch.com/text/P06_1574.asp

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

James

---
    James Skinner Vice President & COO OnlineSiding LLC jskinner@onlinesiding.com www.onlinesiding.com 877-642-2496 x102

• 12 posts
    September 7, 2006 1:58 PM EDT
    Hi Leah,
    If you go to the sba.gov website, there is a personal balance sheet to give you an idea. All small business loans require a personal guarantee, and the SBA requires a personal financial statement or a personal balance sheet. Take a look at this and it will give you an idea. You could build it yourself from this, meaning it is the same idea. The sba website is sba.gov and the form is number 413 I believe.
    Let me know if you have any further questions! It sounds like you need a balance sheet for a start up business? but this gives an idea of the information needed for a balance sheet.
    Best,
    Lisa

---
    lisa@theideaanalyst.com

• 165 posts
    September 6, 2006 2:18 PM EDT

Okay...I think I have scoured this site as far as I can go...and I can`t find anything on how to build a balance sheet! I just recently got the opportunity to speak with some BIG MONEY potential investors/contributors. They instructed me to get a balance sheet together and a presentation and give them a call to set up a time to chat! BUT I DON`T KNOW WHAT A BALANCE SHEET IS!!!!???   Please help!!! This is possibly my big break for start-up capital and I SOOOOO don`t want to screw this up!!! Any suggestions!? I have been searching the internet and all I am finding is software programs that provide this in them...but I don`t have the money to buy this stuff...and I noticed that all of them talk about how it is easier to do than Excel....does anyone know this harder way...cuz I don`t have the money for the easy way on this one!

Thanks...in advance!!

---
    Leah Tucker

• 165 posts
    September 7, 2006 7:27 AM EDT
    OH MY GOSH...you all rock...seriously!!! Thank you sooooooo much!!!

---
    Leah Tucker

• 621 posts
    September 6, 2006 5:12 PM EDT
    Thanks OnlineSidingJames... I could use this too. I like to see other examples besides my own creations. It helps me design better documents.

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words