Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Grab Bag

Insurance?

• 63 posts
    January 17, 2012 10:30 PM EST

Insurance allows individuals, businesses and other entities to protect themselves against significant potential losses and financial hardship at a reasonably affordable rate. You say "significant" because if the potential loss is small, then it doesn't make sense to pay a premium to protect against the loss. After all, you would not pay a monthly premium to protect against a $50 loss because this would not be considered a financial hardship for most.

• 59 posts
    April 21, 2008 9:36 AM EDT
    Call an insurance agent that deals with business. I`m pretty sure they can help you out.

Good luck!

---
    Find out what a business plan is all about and get started on your plan with this introduction. FREE!
    Business Plan Basics!

You wouldn`t build a house without a blueprint.
    Why build a business without a plan?
    Build Your Business Plan!

• 6 posts
    April 18, 2008 9:15 AM EDT
    All:

Perhaps I`ve missed it but I have yet to find the topic of business insurance at this site.  I find myself in an unusual position in that I am being considered for certificaton to do business with a municipal government.  One of the requirements is that my business requires a policy (or at least a binder) for certification although I have done no business with the government.  I write to inquire if there is a way to get some basic coverage or preferrably an account in name only that becomes active just before the coverage becomes necessary.  Guidance sought
    • 6 posts
    April 22, 2008 9:11 AM EDT
    I resorted to Startup Nation because I am getting the standard speech from the agents.  They want to sell a policy based on exposure that does not exist.  How can one seek independent brokers on this site that might " tailor" a solution.