Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

Exercising on the clock

• 101 posts
    May 5, 2009 12:01 PM EDT
    This is an idea I`m thinking of using. It`s popular in Japan, apparently. The Japanese are renown for their productivity. I know first hand what a light workout can do for my own energy. I think 20 minutes of stretching and light calisthenics would do wonders. Not only would my employees be full of energy, but they`d be less prone to injury, and the effects of the workouts would stack, making healthier, more productive employees over time. Seems like a good deal. Anyone else do something similar?

---
    Making limitless possibilities much more limited.

• 2 posts
    May 26, 2010 10:20 PM EDT

First point: The static stretching usually used by people is scientifically proven to only do damage and weaken your muscles and performance. Please don't encourage your employees to do that.

Having said that your idea is good if you can get people involved. It would provide community building / teamwork benefits as well as health benefits.

Incidentally, there is a lot of research also to prove that exercise and greater fitness improves your energy level - so it is a great enhancer of productivity. An excellent book to read on the subject is "The Power of Full Engagement" by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz. I highly recommend it, 5 years ago it transformed my approach to productivity- not just in work, but in life. I've never looked back...

---
    Tristen Ferrari

www.FitnessProductivity.com

Maximize Health and Fitness with Minimum Time Investment