Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Bar/Eatery Concept

• 3 posts
    April 24, 2012 9:14 AM EDT

Hello, I am a very business minded individual looking to open a bar/eatery in a very nice town. I am from the town myself, and have done much research on other bar/restaurants in the area. The concept that I currently have would be new to the area, but very accepted. Nothing like this currently exists there, and that town is very hungry for new establishments. This is not the type of town that has lots of hype around new establishments, and then they die down. Usually, they continue to do well. 

The commercial space I have looked at is in a prime spot, and has parking. PARKING! I am working with a consultant on a pretty accurate projected number. My consultant has opened and mentored many bars and restaurants. He is working on putting together the financial aspect of my proposal. The current space needs renovations. I am working on the menu and inventory aspect of the bar. Supplies, liquor, beer, wine inventory... decor... etc. I am also into interior design, and have a great vision. I gutted my entire house and revamped it, and would be happy to show my work. 

I have been in the restaurant industry for 10 years. I have experience in every aspect of the business. I will need to hire a chef to perfect the menu. I also have an attorney I am working with. I will soon have a very solid proposal finished, complete with an actual menu, HR documents, drawings of what the bar will look like, my consultant's resume, photos of the space, projected total needed, exact concept, who we are marketing towards, spread sheets of how we plan on keeping track of finances, staff size, and estimated projected revenue. This proposal will be patented. 

The space I am interested in already has a liquor license attached to it, that can easily be moved into the entire area. There are other bars in walking distance of this space, which will bring more people to the area. I have been doing this for years, and along with my consultant, I can assure you this will not fail. I am estimating blindly that I will need approximately 500-700k. Whatever is not used will be given right back to you. 

I will stay in touch with you on any and all progress, and you will receive documentation on where your money is going. I prefer an angel investor who is not looking for a percentage buy in, but aren't we all? I understand there will be interest. 

If you are interested in seeing my proposal, please contact me. 

Also, I am new to this site and am not sure exactly how it works... so any constructive advise would be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 posts
    April 25, 2012 11:12 AM EDT

I should add that I am not looking for all of the money I need in one place. I am looking for several investors, as well obtaining an SBA loan. I have already spoken to my attorney and various mentors through SBA. All I need is a little bit of funding to get started. 

• 1 posts
    May 7, 2012 2:44 PM EDT

Hello,

Do you have a business plan for review? Where is the restaurant?

• 1 posts
    September 16, 2012 2:05 AM EDT

If you want to open your business then make sure that all the legal things are fine and if you want to open a restaurant then make sure food quality is fine .wish you a gud luck for starting your business...

Satay Restaurant