Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

Silent Investor

• 5 posts
    November 22, 2012 6:34 PM EST
    • 3 posts
    December 9, 2006 4:00 PM EST

I have an established cleaning business (14 years old) and I recently purchased a 2nd one (5 years old). I`m currently looking for an investor to grow both businesses. We have been experiencing tremendous growth, 233% last year, Gross Revenue of over $100,000, with about 75% profit per job. I`m looking for $50,000 in exchange for a percentage of the two businesses. I’m looking for a lead on someone that might be interested in investing. I have full projections available along with financials, a business plan and a marketing plan. The ROI opportunity is amazing!!!

• 26 posts
    December 10, 2006 10:07 AM EST
    Why not borrow the money instead? Taking on an investor is like getting married. If you take on an investor, you either need a process where they get cashed out at a rich multiple somewhere down the road, or you will need to pay them a percentage of revenues forever, as your work grows the business. $50k is well within the range of money that the SBA or your local bank can lend you, and paying down a bank loan is a lot cleaner process than getting an investor out of a small business.
    • 1 posts
    September 10, 2012 4:13 PM EDT

i also agree with hardknocksmba