Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

1 step away from making it!! please help!

• 11 posts
    December 9, 2012 5:26 AM EST

Have you tried going to the bank with your business plan?  It sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row but are just looking for a little bit more funding.  If you can convince them you will be a good investment than they would be happy to give you the money.  Another place you may want to try is the small business administration.  

I wish I could afford to help you and wish you the best of luck.

---

The Money Track
    Independent Financial Advice & Personal Financial Planning

• 4 posts
    December 7, 2012 10:00 AM EST

I'm hoping I didn't say anything that sounds sketchy. I don't know what else to say to validate this post and let people know it's a real business, with corporations and business people involved. 
    I'm not good at research and I'm very aware that the chances of me finding funding through this are extremely RARE, but I'm trying everything I can. 

• 4 posts
    December 7, 2012 7:48 AM EST
    I'm 1 step away from making it happen!

Over the past few months I've been dealing with this investor who's interested in my project. Due to the time of the year and a few other facts, the stage my business is at, he's decided to hold on for a while and let me take care of the basics my business needs to go forth. He says he's defiantly want to invest the 5 MIL, but right now basically he doesn't want to bother.

Problem comes from the whole "PATENTING" deal.
    I need a few thousands to cover some basic costs and it's making the whole business deal a bit annoying.... on all ends.

Basically I need $10,000 to cover patent related costs with the PATENT LAWYER, and the rest go for proof of concept and a proper researched business plan with my marketing and business advisor. 
    I'm trying to reach someone interested in a small investment between $10,000 which we need for basic documentation and $30,000 which we need for medium importance progress. 

I was hoping perhaps I could get help here? finding the right person or something.

For case sensitive questions or comments, please pm or email makusu_max@yahoo.com
    (it's not the email I use for business, but I don't want to publicly share that one) 
    • 4 posts
    December 11, 2012 6:14 AM EST

robertj

thanks for your response! i appreciate the info!

It's actually the amount of things I need to get done.

Of course, the more money I have, the more I can do with it, but I don't want to ask too much and be left out of possibilities. I need to get the patent research and a few other things rolling asap, that's why I'm not really sure what to ask. IT may work for some, but I want to find the person who will say yES.

I'll shoot you an email at info@bizgrowthmasters.com

Thank you again

PS: i dont know whats wrong with the writing font.

• 4 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:45 AM EST

I have gone to the bank but since the business hasn't even been registered they considered it a personal loan and we can't go down that road.

I haven't tried small biz admin. I don't know any, I'll google up. Thanks!

• 927 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:51 AM EST

makugx,

From our experience working with early stage entities, we've determined that:

1. There are a number of ways to bring capital into a company (upwards of 40). 

2 One of the three keys to success when seeking early capital is to choose the "right" path (Capital Strategy) for you and your business.

3. It will probably take more than $30-$40K to get to the point where a $5 million investment is practical for both sides. [The valuation will be an important factor]

4. It's most probable that capital support for the stage of your business will come from your extended network.

Good luck with your quest. If you want to discuss your specific situation, feel free to drop me a PM or contact me directly.

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com