Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

Renewable Energy Wind Turbines - Seeking Business Angel

• 37 posts
    September 21, 2007 9:22 AM EDT
    I had a friend who worked for a guy out west that had a turbine business. He made a fortune because he was the only within a three state radius that put up the wind turbines. So the technology is there, but if the company is real who knows.

---
    china business card / Wall Street Journal Reader

• 105 posts
    November 6, 2006 3:04 AM EST
    Try creating a profile at LinkedIn.com. that is a great place to network and find business contacts.Send me PM with your eMail and I will send you an invite.
    onlineeater2006-11-6 9:5:37

---
    <A HREF="http://www.AuditAuctions.com">Get ISO Certified</A>

• 79 posts
    September 18, 2007 7:03 AM EDT

That sounds like a great product, if it works as described. Do you have a video of it working?

Also, I think you need to have it patented ASAP.

• 79 posts
    September 20, 2007 11:07 AM EDT

Although this may be a great product if it is real, now I have doubts on whether this is real company with real products.

The website photos have all the "fins" at the same positions. For example, take a look at http://www.winggen.com/ravmi.htm.

That pretty strange.

If you can post a video of the working product, that will be more persuasive.

johnqh2007-9-21 11:27:0
    • 79 posts
    September 24, 2007 7:35 AM EDT

Winggen, thank you for clarification.

1. Please remove the photoshoped photos. They are so obviously fake that they will only make potential investors to have doubts.

2. Post a video of it in operation on YouTube. You never know who will see it and what kind of oppotunities it may bring.

3. The 300W and 1.5KW units you mentioned in your original post are not on your website. What are the sizes of them? Your 3KW unit will be too big to be used on the roofs in the city. As a potential customer myself (I have looked at solar panels to reduce our engergy bills), I am quite interested in knowing all the details of your offering.

4. How fast does the tubine spin? Is it safe? You may need to offer a optional cage for the smaller models.

5. Can they be daisychained? For example, it would make more sense for me to install several small ones on the roof than one huge one, because I don`t want neighbors to complain.

6. US investors (or potential partners) would be demanding that you have US patent protection. Any plan to file US patent?

• 8 posts
    June 18, 2006 9:00 PM EDT
    post removed

WingGen12/28/2008 4:42 PM
    • 8 posts
    June 20, 2006 8:07 PM EDT

Hi Rich, thanks for forwarding my posting - was it to Vincent Wilcox? I didnt really understand his reply if it was to him?

Laurence

• 8 posts
    June 22, 2006 12:27 AM EDT

Thanks Vincent and Rich, I greatly appreciate your efforts to help us!

Kind regards

Laurence

• 8 posts
    June 29, 2006 9:11 PM EDT

Hi Rich, I really appreciate your help. Tell the folk at Morse thank you very much for taking the time to go over our plan. Time to hit that google! I will update StartUpNation if we are able to find any assistance.

cheers

Laurence

• 8 posts
    October 31, 2006 12:20 AM EST
    Hi Rich - sorry, I was never notified of your response. I am located in South Africa until Feb 2007 and then in Sydney Australia.
    • 8 posts
    November 7, 2006 7:22 PM EST

Hi - my email is laurence@winggen.com

much appreciated!

Laurence

• 8 posts
    September 23, 2007 4:07 PM EDT

Hi - WingGen is a real company. All images of turbines on the site are graphically altered as international patents have not been finalised. It is in our own interest to protect such technology I`m sure you would agree!!!...

PS and it does work as described!

• 8 posts
    September 23, 2007 4:08 PM EDT
    p
    WingGen12/28/2008 4:41 PM
    • 335 posts
    June 20, 2006 11:14 AM EDT

laurence,

thanks for inquiring with our community about your south african project. as our network of contacts is fairly extensive, i`ve forwarded a link to your posting to a super-successful entrepreneur (once named the "Illinois Entrepreneur of the Year") who is involved in the wind energy business on a global scale.

he has your information and hopefully will respond soon!

best of luck. seems as though your innovation is highly relevant in this day and age.

best,

rich 

---
    Rich Sloan , Co-Founder, Chief Startupologist, StartupNation

• 335 posts
    June 21, 2006 4:38 AM EDT

no, laurence, vincent is simply a helpful community member here at StartupNation who was trying to take his own initiative to provide assistance.

separately, i`ve forwarded a link to your information to another resource for this, Morse Energy, the owner of which is a personal contact. they`re already doing business internationally and might be a) a good candidate, or b) helpful in networking

---

• 335 posts
    June 29, 2006 9:31 AM EDT

laurence,

just got the update from the people at morse energy. they`re doing some HUGE deal right now that`s keeping them very distracted. so i have good and bad news as follows:

good news - they think you`ve developed something that on the surface has a lot of merit

bad news - they can`t apply any resources to it right now

i am not sure i have any other contacts but will certainly keep my eye out. if i were you, i would focus on digging up opportunities in US states where alternative energy is a priority. that would include michigan and california, for starters... start googling!!!

---

• 1 posts
    November 24, 2007 8:46 PM EST

Greetings,
    We have a patent to generate electricity from wind. The system consists of a wind turbine driving an air pump, collecting the air in a piping network and feeding it to the air inlet of a turbine, add fuel as needed and generate power independant of wind speed.  For details visit www.renewableenergypumps.com
    Kindly express your interest in the system and the mode of cooperation.

Best regards

Shamil

• 1 posts
    October 22, 2008 2:21 PM EDT
    Been reading through the post  and what an exciting project WingGen. Unfortunately I`m not able to help you with your business strategy, but I`ll be watching this forum for updates.
    again ... I`m very excited by this.
    Sam .................... power your world with a wind generator

---
    power your world with a wind generator

• 621 posts
    June 20, 2006 11:38 AM EDT
    Thanks for helping Rich. I looked through my contacts and didn`t have anything to help him with. SUN to the rescue!

---
    Vincent Wilcox (a.k.a. KRAKR)
    Drummer
    My band: Letters Make Words