Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

I hate accounting, What should I do?

• 18 posts
    November 22, 2007 3:48 AM EST
    If you do the accounting yourself, it will actually cost you money. Think about it. It will take you 3-4 times longer to do it and that is time that you could be making more money or enjoying free time.

Outsource it.

I am terrible at accounting, but my bookkeeper is fantastic at it. Although I am very good at reading reports to see how we are doing and that keeps everything on the straight and narrow.

Aaron

---
    Get our free weekly newsletter for small business owners at BusinessOwnersOnline.com

• 5 posts
    November 19, 2007 9:53 AM EST
    Hi, this is Lloyd, and if you already know about my previously posted question, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate your input and suggestions. anyway, my point is that I love business, and I really want to pursue opening a restaurant eventually, but I forgot to mention I hate accounting, and most of your suggestions said that I should major in it. What should I do? I honestly don`t like it as much as I hoped, and it just doesn`t "click" with me and I dont fully comprehend it. Even though I could save tons of money being my own accountant, I`d rather spend it and not have to worry about it myself! Thanks for your time, I`m anxious to hear your replies!
    -LLLIV 
    • 65 posts
    November 20, 2007 7:33 AM EST
    Maybe you can hire virtual assistant who can do your book keeping.  For the rest of the accounting matters-use an accountant. 

LT

---
    http://www.face2facevideocard.com
    "videos can say it like it is"
    09-21-2007

www.senatinproperties.com
    real estate investments

• 926 posts
    November 20, 2007 4:49 AM EST

If you don`t like accounting, then don`t plan a career in it.

However, as a business person (entrepreneur) - it would be vary helpful to have a basic understanding of the financial reports that are generated for a business.

robertj2007-11-20 10:50:5

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com