Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

liability insurance

• 731 posts
    August 24, 2006 7:48 PM EDT
    Lisa,
    Before you go through the hassle of looking for Liability Insurance or anything of that nature. Incorporate first. You don`t need a lawyer... goto the http://www.corporate.com
    and for around $587.00, they do everything for you. Hold off until you get your paperwork in about 21 days or less. Then if you want I can refer you to a Business Friend that sells Business Liability Insurance in the State of California. Where in CA are you located?
    If you want send me your number and he will contact you asap.
    I have mine with him.

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 18 posts
    August 23, 2006 2:51 PM EDT

Hi all -

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, but I couldn`t find it anywhere on the site, so here goes...

I was wondering if anyone has advice as to where to get liability insurance for our business.  We are currently set up as a sole proprietorship, but will be forming either an LLC or corp. (meeting with the lawyer next week to get advice/start the process).  I`m not even sure yet what the legal requirements re. insurance are in CA, but since our product is electrical and is used in people homes, seems like we need to have liability insurance at least.

We also have to do it pretty immediately since one of the trade shows that we have signed up for this fall requires proof of liability insurance.

I have looked on line, but would like to get a recommendation of some place. Any suggestions?

Lisa

---
    Lisa Tarver
    Fauna Sauna
    Natural Heat for Your Pet`s Health
    www.faunasauna.com

• 18 posts
    August 23, 2006 9:29 PM EDT

thanks, jilly.  i guess the problem is that i don`t have an insurance agent since our homeowners and auto insurance is all through AAA.  guess it`s time to start looking for one.

any other suggestions as to insurance companies or otherwise?

---
    Lisa Tarver
    Fauna Sauna
    Natural Heat for Your Pet`s Health
    www.faunasauna.com

• 35 posts
    August 24, 2006 9:05 AM EDT

Ask around for a good insurance broker for your insurance.  Call a local chamber of commerce or ask other business owners you know. 

Glad to see you have taken steps to protect your intellectual property.

---
    Norton R. Townsley
    Patent Attorney/Professional Engineer
    The above message is provided for general information purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice.

• 4 posts
    September 28, 2006 4:05 AM EDT

Lisa,

I represent a company called SOI and we work with lots of small businesses, getting them insured as well as helping out with those growing pains. Check out soi.com and give me a call at our Charlotte office if this is something you might think will help. 877 572-2412

Ryan Hice

---
    Ryan Hice ryan.hice@soi.com

• TA
    • 1 posts
    September 23, 2006 6:09 AM EDT

Lisa.

I own and Independent Insurance Agency in AZ, my recommendation is that you try the Big I Association.  Use this link to locate an Agency in your area, and make sure they can answer any and all questions regarding your profession and how to properly protect you. 

http://www.ibawest.com/cgi-bin/default.asp