Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Customer Service & Customer Experience

3 Customer Service Tips You Must Remember

• 355 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:14 AM EDT

I worked with a salesman for over a year.  First thing he taught me was to learn something about the potential customer before your face to face meeting.  Then, never lead with your sales pitch.  Always start with the social amenities.  These include a warm sincere greeting and a firm handshake.  

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 64 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:00 AM EST

I came across a really interesting blog on tips for improving customer service. You also find it informative.

---
    www.hellotrade.com

• 16 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:19 AM EDT

well if the customer services are always like this I think the sales will be 40-50% successful 

thanks for the tips anyways

• 1 posts
    September 5, 2012 12:45 PM EDT

This is a great topic, many people forget that any interaction with a potential consumer entails customer service.  It is a huge determining factor when choosing from many brands, as well as gaining repeat business.

---
    I am a student at Temple University studying advertising and sociology, in my senior year. I aspire to establish a successful niche marketing firm specific to "urban" culture.

• 2 posts
    September 5, 2012 11:12 PM EDT

Really very interesting post.every business man should know this 3 things to maintain good relationship with customer. this would be very beneficial for their business. thank you for sharing this helpful post. 

---
    office space nyc, virtual office new york

• 16 posts
    February 16, 2012 10:14 PM EST

I fully agree with BYTRADE. I would like add some more things in this series:

> Always try to talk to them in a polite manner.
    > Always reply to their emails
    > Always be in touch with them by broadcasting your contacts

---
    Businesses for sale

• 10 posts
    July 20, 2012 8:08 AM EDT
    1. No customer is ever to small. I recently read this article on INC that speaks about 1 little pesky customer who turned made the company $4 million dollars because of their personalized customer service.
    2. Make each customer feel like they are #1. Another great tip is to follow-up with emails or even sending a promotional item with your contact information. Maybe a calendar or pen? Any little token will be appreciated and you will soon see a ROI.
    3. Be found. Have all of your contact information easy to find on your site. Make sure you are on all social media platforms and allow your customers to reach you however they feel most comfortable (this means Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, etc.).
    • 22 posts
    April 19, 2012 12:33 PM EDT

Great points!  I notice that when I engage people on a friendly level and follow up quickly they are more likely to do business with my company.

---
    Career MoversFinancial Analyst Job DescriptionExecutive Resume FormatFinancial Resume Writing Tips

• 344 posts
    October 30, 2011 8:54 PM EDT

Customer Service Tip # 1: Always Remember Their Names.

Make them feel important. Use their name a lot. Studies have shown that people love to hear the sound of their own name. Just make sure you don’t shorten it or use a version they may not like. If you just cannot remember their name, try writing it down.

Customer Service Tip # 2: Engage Them In Friendly Conversation.

When dealing with clients, it is not always about making a sale or talking up your company’s product or service. Get to know them a little bit. Ask about their family. Or perhaps a recent vacation (this can be tricky depending on how regular a client they are). Share information about yourself. The bottom line is you want them to feel at ease around you. Let your personality come out.

Customer Service Tip # 3: Attend To Their Needs. Immediately.

Always return a client’s calls promptly. When they email you, always reply right away. Would you wait for hours or even days for a reply if it was you on the other end? Sometimes it is not feasible to spend all your working day answering calls and emails, so perhaps you can get someone else in the office to help you (or outsource this to a reliable company).

---

Global buy sell B2B trade marketplace

• 17 posts
    July 16, 2012 1:23 AM EDT

Yes we should be touch with customers and aware about their requirements however it doesn’t mean that “customer is always right”.

==========================

You can find Jobs in Qatar , Qatar jobs 

• 110 posts
    November 30, 2011 9:09 PM EST

Hi Bytrade,

Does the old saying "the customer is always right" still apply?  When they think they are right but you know they are wrong how do you dance around their feelings without being rude?