1. You choose your own hours. It is up to you when you begin working, when you have a break, when you have a lunch hour and whether this lunch hour is an hour or less time or more time, and when you end your working day. This means you can fit your work around your marriage, your friendships, your hobbies and maybe your other job(s). It also means that you can have days when you may simply not want to bother to work at all and days where you feel full of energy and enthusiasm and perhaps work very long hours to make up for a break you had earlier that week. Provided that you are disciplined about working the amount of hours you need to to keep your business(es) functioning well this is great.
2. You are your own boss with nobody looking over your shoulder judging or criticising what you do or how you do it and nobody to give you orders. You decide every single aspect of your business. You may have staff who work for you but you are in charge and you give the orders.
3. You are not wasting up to four hours a day travelling to and from work. That is up to four hours a day you can spend doing anything you like, preferably working and earning money.
4. You are not wasting petrol or money on getting to work. This could save you a great deal of money and mean you do not have to work so many hours to pay your bills.
5. You are not wasting money on hiring an office which you have to travel to. As well as saving money and time on travelling this saves you a lot of money in rent. The money you save on hiring an office could make a huge difference to your bank balance.
6. Because you are working at homeyou are more comfortable. When you have a break you can sit and watch television for a bit or read one of your books. You can go into the kitchen and get yourself anything you fancy for dinner. You could have a dinner waiting in the fridge to put in the microwave. It means that your breaks are more comfortable and you are not wasting money on buying meals and sandwiches or making do with inferior food.
7. There are less distractions. Ideally you are sitting in an office alone and your partner or family should know not to disturb you when you are working. When you go to work you could be sitting in an office full of other staff with a lot of noise and disturbances going on constantly. Now you have peace and quiet and are able to get on with your work without people constantly wanting to come up to you to chat to you or ask you things. You do not have to listen to other peoples' phones ringing or run errands for them.
These ARE some pretty good advantages of working at home. And it's true, as these replies point out, that some of these advantages could also be disadvantages, like whether there are more or fewer distractions, for instance, but that could be a different thread "The DISadvantages of working from home." That could be a potentially useful post, really. (When you are your own boss, sometimes your boss can be a real SOB! lol)
However, since this is about the advantages...
I think one of the advantages is that you have to learn to deal with the potential disadvantages, that is, you have to develop self-discipline. With nobody coming around to remind you to do things, nobody to tell you what to do and when, you have to develop your own self-guidance and responsibility, and those traits are going to serve you well in all areas of your life. People who have never had to do that, those who are told when to be where to do what and how - those people are missing out on a lot of the important elements of learning to live, in my opinion.
Another advantage is that you can get along with fewer resources. Yes, yes, I understand that means you have fewer resources to use, which can potentially be a disadvantage, but like I said, that's a different thread. What I mean is that by needing less, you are more free. When you can get along with fewer expenses you are not driven so much by a feeling of necessity. As Epicurus said "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little." By needing less, I have more time available to pursue what means more to me and life is not so much a rat race.
Working at home means I can bake my own bread, working at my desk while the dough rises. I can cook beans for hours. For me, this is an advantage.
Working at home makes me feel like I'm in charge of my own life. I consider that a huge advantage.
Winning With Empower Network
Hello everyone! First off thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to visit and read. Im so very excited to share with you all about this opportunity. Before I do that, I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself and how I got to this point. I'm just a regular dad. I've worked jobs from carpentry and construction end to the shirt and tie sales end. I've been pitched and sold on multiple "work from home" businesses for years and spent thousands of dollars on trying to make money from them. I've failed more times than not and have been frustrated to the point to where, I thought, I'll NEVER have the type of success I hope for. Come to find out, this was NOT do to the fact that I didn't give it the effort and time. I spent hours hounding friends and family and their friends and family to join some scheme or to sign-up with some sort of business. Although that does work but not for long. I found that those strategies are short-term because they don't all share the same vision of financial freedom as I do. Sound familiar? After being away from the idea of working from home for a while, I continued doing research on home I could make some real RESIDUAL income from home that didn't include pestering loved ones. I was directed towards Empower Network.
I was reluctant at first to be honest. Something was different about this opportunity because, for starters, 100% COMMISSION was and is almost unheard of. The hard work of building a website, creating a blog and doing everything from scratch, is completely taken away. This company already has the platform setup just the way you need to be successful right out of the gate. These products, which have proven to sell themselves are so incredibly valuable. Step by step instructions are laid out for you from A-Z. Hmmmmm... done for you, simple instruction and a compensation plan that can yield an endless cash flow? It was a no-brainer for me to quickly take action. I'm so glad I did.
I've seen more money than with all the other businesses I've tried, in a shorter amount of time and with continual growth in income and knowledge. I have finally found something I can hang my hat on and so can you. Don't take my word for it though. Want to learn more? Of course you do or you wouldn't be here right now. Click this link below and start living the life YOU deserve!
While I agree with a lot of this there a few things that seem a bit off:
"You are your own boss"
A lot of people who work from home have clients. These clients are pretty much your boss. If you do not listen to them then most likely you will not be working from home for too long.
"You choose your own hours"
Again your clients will most likely want things done in certain time frames and even at certain hours of the day.
Like anything else working from home has its advantages and disadvantages and it is really a matter of preference and what your talents and skills are.
Yes working from home can be awesome but so can going to an office or traveling around the world for busniess or going to various job sites.
I disagree with point 7. I find that at home I have far MORE distractions. I have to set rules and systems in place so I can focus. I know offices have people who are constantly distracting you but I find it much easier to focus in an office.
That being said, I prefer working at home. I use a converted bedroom so I can FOCUS.
I have been related to the field of online education and consultancy for more than five years and during all my working career I have come across mnumerous students who engage in different online graduate diploma courses that can help them enroll in different courses and programs without facing any inconvenience or complication.
I agree i acomplish much more when working in an office enviorment. Not that im more focused its the enviorment. My home is a place to relax and to rest, its confusing the two that does it. When working form home i will go to a starbucks or near by to establish the work enviorment.
Here are some additional working from home benefits... that no one usually mentions.
The End of Maintenance Frustration - You will always be home when the maintenance guy is scheduled. Live in Serenity - No morning hassle and traffic jam on your way to the office. The Comforts of a Disease-Free Home - You're save yourself from office germs.