Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Protecting Your Ideas

Success – is It Luck or Attitude?

• 40 posts
    July 27, 2011 1:42 AM EDT

Hi

You are absolutely right. Success is a mixture of both- luck as well as attitude.

You can always make the most out of your time in gaining something but if you also got a little luck, you can have success all the time. Prepare yourself well so that when luck falls, you have the insight and knowledge to capitalize on it. It takes a good attitude to prepare yourself.

Water Damage

• 54 posts
    August 22, 2011 5:21 PM EDT

Success is 99% hard work and 1% Luck. :D Just a matter of opinion. 

---
    physical therapy chattanooga

• 344 posts
    April 26, 2011 7:31 PM EDT

There's no doubt about it, success is a mixture of luck AND attitude. But what really makes a successful person stand out from the crowd, I believe, is how well they recognise and take advantage of that luck. How they turn 'bad luck' around into an opportunity. And the quality of being able to take bad luck on the chin and rise above it, time and time again.  Successful people have that knack of zooming out to the bigger picture instead of falling into a heap each time they fail and feeling unluckier and more useless than everyone else around them.

Do you believe that success is caused by luck? Yes, I believe! Is it true that successful people has good attitude? Yes, absolutely! Success is created by luck; and luck is created by good attitude.

Having good or positive attitude is actually one of the major keys to success. Having a positive attitude turns bad situations around it, it finds solution in problems, and it seeks opportunities in crisis. Some people sees crisis as problems, some find opportunities in them. This is the difference between successful people and not successful people.

In the year of 2003, SARS hit Asia. People die of the sickness; people dare not go out of their houses. The usual busy shopping mall became a ghost mall; the airport was empty with only the people on duty. The economy of Asia was badly hit. However, still there are people who make lots of money from the crisis. At the same time, there are many people who complains about the economy, no customers etc. Good attitude turns the negative into positive, it just depends if you want to control your attitude.

Having a good attitude is just a matter of choice. You can change it within seconds. You can sit around to complain everything, or you can stop complaining and say, “Hey, what good can I make out of this situation?” When you start asking this question, your mind start to shift, your energy changes, your emotions turns for the better. Your mind will start looking for the good things and you find yourself feeling great. Successful people always feel great about themselves.....read more http://news.bytrade.com/info/860-Success-is-It-Luck-or-Attitude.htm

---

Global buy sell B2B trade marketplace

• 38 posts
    February 3, 2013 9:16 PM EST

I agree with Johndiv. Success totally depends on hard work, only few people have luck. The mixture of attitude and luck for success is also being true but hard work is most essential.  

---
    Market Research | Market Report | Industry Analysis

• 49 posts
    November 4, 2013 11:05 AM EST

I too agree with johndiv23 that luck has only 1% on our life whereas the hardwork always occupies the extra space. Totally depending on the luck factor to bear a result is somewhat an outdated idea. Success is achieveable if one is working towards getting it with sheer determination & hard work.

• 9 posts
    January 3, 2014 9:34 AM EST

I agree with Johndiv. Success totally depends on hard work, only few people have luck. The mixture of attitude and luck for success is also being true but hard work is most essential. So, we should prepare with hard work. If you no give attention on work and then get lose, now you can't say it's luck. It's your mistake. Just like this example you can thousand of example in parctical life. We must prefare hard work on Luck.

Cheap Wholesale Bed Sheets | Duvet Covers

• 3 posts
    July 7, 2014 12:35 AM EDT
    Well said.
    This post was edited by pierson at July 10, 2014 10:42 PM EDT
    • 7 posts
    September 23, 2014 1:21 PM EDT
    I'll say that success is a mix of lot of work, crazy good attitude, a well formed team, and a introvert leader. I have written about it some time ago: http://www.unfoldatelier.com/journal/if-you-dont-have-an-introvert-in-your-team-buy-one
    • 7 posts
    September 23, 2014 1:34 PM EDT
    I'll say that success is a mix of lot of work, crazy good attitude, a well formed team, and a introvert leader. I have written about it some time ago: http://www.unfoldatelier.com/journal/if-you-dont-have-an-introvert-in-your-team-buy-one
    • 27 posts
    November 3, 2014 10:19 PM EST
    Success is a little of luck and more of the attitude. Let's put it this way, if you are lucky enough to come up with a new idea of developing something and yet you did not do something to make your idea a reality, then luck will bring you nowhere. You've got to have that attitude to do what you have to do to achieve goals.