Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Six telephone marketing skills

• 355 posts
    June 4, 2012 6:10 AM EDT

Here are the common mistakes I here people make on the phone. 

1. The caller doesn’t know whom to ask for.  It’s quite irritating to get a call and have to play twenty questions with the caller to find out whom they need to speak to.

2. A caller fails to identify themselves or their business.  This is my number one pet peeve. 

3. A caller forgets the niceties like “hello.”  They just start talking about what they need.

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 22 posts
    March 26, 2012 5:15 AM EDT

Hello friends,

Many thanks for sharing your telephone marketing information, Really I am highly appreciated.

Regards

Alan Noblitt

---
    Mobile Marketing

• 64 posts
    June 20, 2012 2:03 AM EDT

Here are few effective tips for telephone marketing:

Know the purpose of the call in advance
    Collect information about your prospects
    Prepare a script and learn it well
    Ask your prospect for permission before you speak
    Do not try to sell
    Ask for an appointment
    Follow up

---
    www.hellotrade.com

• 4 posts
    August 8, 2012 8:30 PM EDT

Hi,

Good telemarketing skill can have followings:

1. Good call opening

2. Personal Rapo building

3. Listening Skills (more important)

4. Identify the needs of the customer

5. Effective and quick presentation the solution for customer needs

6. Gain the commitment from client for next action/step.

7. Excellent closing..

Apart from all these, product knowledge, market understanding etc will help in a great way..

Thanks,

Jack

---
    Bal Harbour Condos for sale

• 4 posts
    September 6, 2012 7:50 PM EDT

I agree with all your points. These all practices make a call center successful.  One of the best skills is not to hang on the customer. Over a six year of experience in call center Philippines I realized that long waiting over phones frustrate the consumers.

• 344 posts
    March 13, 2012 7:55 PM EDT
    1  record at any time,

When making a phone call, left hand phone, on the right hand side of a paper and pencil, always record what you hear information (of course, if you are left hand, you can in turn). As you didn't ready, and I have to request each other to repeat, this will make the other side feel you absent-minded, not seriously to hear him speak; And, your day to play so many calls, you have no way to remember every customer is, words of memory is limited, so, just can have an adage call: good will forget it. Do record also convenient after you in time to follow up phone.

2, stated his name

Find what you want to find the person (sometimes you know he is responsible for the is the thing, but not necessarily know what his name is), the other a pick up the phone, you should be polite to say hello after, clear out their full name, and then is own enterprise name, again is to tell each other, you are to do something, you can he provide what kind of services; Also, once each other speak its name, you can be in the conversation from time to address each other's name.

3, get down to business

On the phone in the process, don't "hem ha ha" to delay the time, after I finish their introduction, immediately to get down to business quickly, speed up the progress of the business talk. Because time is precious, others may not is listening to you a pull. According to his service in the product of the company, know each other the circumstance of the enterprise, found that demand; To stand in the perspective of the other side to think and look at things, and you are the others by providing solutions to problems, not dig for somebody else's money; So, learn to ask is very important.

4, avoid call transfer to others

His phone calls as far as possible to deal with, not only in all the already can to others. At this time, you should explain the reasons to the other party, please request each other to forgive, in making this decision you before, it shall determine each other like you will call to others.

5, avoid phone termination time too long

If you are on the phone, if the other party asked some you can't answer will have to terminate the phone and access to some of the material, it shall action quickly. You can also and courtesy of sand to the other, "are you wait for a moment? Or I'll give you a past?" Let the other side wait for, you can press waiting for health. If your phone has no wait for health, he put the receiver gently on the table. If data access time more than you expected time, you can every short while picked up the phone to each other and say understand your progress. If, you can say: Mr. XX (miss), I've almost finished for you to look, please wait for a minute. When you find finished, to pick up the telephone, can say: "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long." In order to attract the attention of the other party.

6, tracking telephone close the sale

But you introduce products for the other party, the other party may say to consider or with superior once, you should say that after two days give you call. Call to follow up, asked him to consider? The main consideration those aspects of the problem? Finally close the sale. You are to provide services for him, not for him to give money to you, so do business of time or hyperactivity low.

---

Global buy sell B2B trade marketplace

• 1 posts
    June 7, 2012 10:13 AM EDT

wow its great you really good work. I want to do and follow these steps. Hope i will get some benefits from clients please will you share something more with us.

---
    Butterfly Knives Machetes

• 3 posts
    May 23, 2012 6:41 AM EDT

Good verbal communcation skills are a must! Speak clearly & build a rapport with the person on the other end of the phone. Attitude is also important. You must enjoy speaking to the person, be confident, energetic and vibrant. Ask questions and take note of what the client is saying to you.

www.findbusinesstelephonesystems.co.uk

• 47 posts
    March 18, 2012 4:45 PM EDT

Yes, these tips really are very important on phone marketing skills .When we call to customers ,we always meet some problems ,even sometimes customers don't want to talk with you .Before calling,we need practise and think what should we say ,then before customers hang up phones ,we can finish what we want to introduce to customers .

---
    Elite Art&Craft Factory ----sell bags http://www.fashionelitebag.com MSN:sallya121@hotmail.com SKYPE:huangmeiqing111

• 59 posts
    November 2, 2012 2:15 AM EDT

These are definitely very genuine but important points that everyone should consider while making a professional call. Being humble and keeping patience is the key to impress the client over a call.

---
    Mobile Yard Ramps | Portable Yard Ramps

• 2 posts
    June 4, 2012 3:12 AM EDT

I own and manage a call center based in the Philippines. All agents are good in English. I could give you a cost friendly price. pm me if interested.

---
    Kids Garden slides Buy outdoor toys kids stompa bed

• 2 posts
    January 9, 2013 9:44 PM EST

No doubt, the points you discussed over here are helpful but i have some more points which i think have valued while taking this process.

• Overcoming anxiety and doubts about making anxious calls
    • Building confidence
    • Planning, before the call is connected remembering what needs to be achieved
    • Keeping focussed and not getting side tracked
    • creating skills to initiate the conversation
    • Listening skills, what is been really said?
    • Questioning tactics, how and when to use open and closed questions

Telephone repair | Phone service in Virginia

• 50 posts
    June 21, 2012 4:18 AM EDT

Great posting, thanks for sharing.

---
    silicone bracelets | silicone wristbands | rubber bracelets | lapel pins | wristbands