Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Top Sales Closing Tips

• 5 posts
    March 8, 2013 9:11 AM EST

While presenting a fellow designer's work to several botiques, we left their office after handing in an envelope that had the companies designs on it, with a slip containing contact details within. It even had a stamp, so esentially all they needed to do was to mail their agreement to work had they thought the presentation was good. Lucky for her, it worked quite well, which taught us that the simple decorative  tricks can cause a trick or two when convincing a customer.

• 25 posts
    March 20, 2013 11:14 PM EDT

hello, this information is very usefull.thank you for share this.

• 355 posts
    March 12, 2012 5:36 AM EDT

I worked with a man who had a canned sales pitch.  Every customer, regardless their needs, received the same pitch.  To make matters worse, three-quarters of the sales pitch covered the history of our company.  About twenty percent dealt with our products.  But, none of the sales pitch addressed the actual needs of the customer.

I don’t think the man realized how bad his presentations were until over half the people at one meeting walked out of the room.  The other half left during the lunch break.  Needless to say, we didn’t make a sale that day.

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 22 posts
    March 19, 2012 3:30 AM EDT

Hello friends,

Many thanks for sharing your top sales closing tips information, Really I am highly appreciated.

Regards

Ritchie

---
    Mobile Marketing

• 64 posts
    April 4, 2012 2:28 AM EDT

Here are few useful tips for sales closing:

Begin with ending in mind

Give and recieve

Promise less and deliver more

Try to learn from your competitors

---
    www.hellotrade.com

• 3 posts
    February 22, 2013 7:25 AM EST

Excellent tips. I don't believe that there should be any focus on closing whatsoever. "Closing", is a thing of the past and has no real value in today's sales world. Do your job and the client will close themselves. Your closing question can be "cash, cheque, or credit?". 

Great reminder on the importance of listening, one of your most valuable sales skills!

Happy Selling,

Les Magyar

---
    @LesMagyar

• 7 posts
    March 1, 2012 10:08 AM EST

Nice post, nice little tip my boss says to me all the time:

"You have one mouth and two ears for a reason."

So many sales people under value listening skills.

---
    Stage Lighting | Theatre Curtains | Theatre Lighting

• 344 posts
    February 14, 2012 5:50 PM EST
    • Every Consumer Is Unique

• While it's true that consumer behavior can be generalized, every consumer should be considered unique. Taking the same approach with every potential customer will not result in more sales, which is why it's important to understand how to "read" customer behavior, including body language and word selection. If your prospect can overhear you talking with other customers, and you take the same approach with them, your prospect won't feel special. Get in the habit of talking a bit, learn what the customer wants or needs, then make sales pitches based on the information.

Know the Product

• Consumers are rarely the "suckers" P.T. Barnum once labeled them. If you're pitching a product, it will become clear in short order if you do not genuinely believe in what you're saying. If the words used aren't an obvious giveaway, then an inability to demonstrate the product will be. Know the product well, be able to demonstrate its use (as with appliances or gadgets) or show it off (as with a car or house), and believe what you say. Customers want salespeople they can trust and who know what they're selling.

Have Incentives Ready

• Not every consumer requires an incentive to close a sale, but some hold out for incentives to be offered. Once you understand that the consumer is interested but holding out, have incentives ready to encourage the closing. Interrupting a sales pitch to go seek advice or approval from a supervisor undermines your authority and sends signals to the consumer to look for someone with more pull. Interruptions hurt momentum and erode the consumer's willingness to close a sale.

Follow Through and Follow Up

• When it's time to close the sale, follow through with the customer, showing that you are there every step of the way. For small purchases, this is less of an issue, but for large purchases and investments, such as buying a car or a home, customers can get nervous if they feel they're dealing with the paperwork and process alone. Always follow up with the customer a day or two after the sale closes. This helps determine if the customer is truly happy with the purchase, and it can encourage repeat business and referrals for you if the customer feels well-treated and you genuinely want that customer to be pleased with the sale.

---

Global buy sell B2B trade marketplace

• 89 posts
    March 2, 2012 2:05 AM EST

You have a point there lightingguy. However, I think diffeent types of strategies applies to different types of business, even being agreesive or not.

---
    http://www.funpromotionalproducts.com/ Promotional Products Supplier - Promotional Calendars

• 7 posts
    February 22, 2012 5:25 AM EST

your post is very useful and informative. Really very amazing tips, thanks for sharing with us.

---
    SEO India | SEO Company India | SEO Services India

• 7 posts
    March 11, 2012 9:38 PM EDT

and what about the jewelry,have you got somthing to share?I need some tips about jewelry promotion.

---
    wholesale fashion jewelry and Starting Business in China

• February 22, 2013 12:34 AM EST

These techniques give a perfect idea of the behavior of customer and how it should be handled to build a bond and send the consumer with total satisfaction.

---
    Personalized Drinkware | KooziesOnline.com