Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Top ways to Become a Successful Entrepreneur

• 14 posts
    May 9, 2011 6:05 AM EDT

Hanging out with other entrepreneurs is especially valuable.only if they can give you time

---
    Web design | Free Mobile Games

• 37 posts
    June 23, 2011 3:16 AM EDT

#3 & #8 are important. If the business is not of your interest, you may lose self-confidence. Whereas the business that is built up on your idea will give you more satisfaction in due course of time.

• 1 posts
    August 14, 2011 8:31 AM EDT

Good post! Although I think it's worth highlighting that while believing in your abilities and your ideas is important to a certain extent, it is equally important to be able to recognize when you are banging your head against a brick wall and need to move on to something else; just because John Smith believes that Chocolate Teapot Ltd. is going to make him millions, there's no guarantee it actually will - an equal combination of confidence and common sense is invaluable to entrepreneurs.

• 76 posts
    August 16, 2011 1:15 AM EDT

Taking your hobby as a business is not a given. Sure you need to be passionate about your business in order for you not to burn out when things aren't going as planned. A hobby though is not necessarily going to work for you. If you do have a hobby you need to see if there is a niche for it, and how you can stand out apart from everyone else so that you can be successful.

---
    Gary Barzel - Manager of Business Development
    FastUpFront - Business Loans and Working Capital
    Twitter | Facebook | Blog

• 7 posts
    August 19, 2011 2:39 PM EDT

Being resourceful is key to surviving in any business.

---

• 54 posts
    August 16, 2011 4:15 PM EDT

I like Number 5 -8. Though i'm having trouble hanging out with entrepreneurs. :D But I do follow their blogs if they have one. :D

---
    physical therapy chattanooga

• 43 posts
    September 14, 2011 11:00 AM EDT
    Your post is very much in line with my philosophy as well. You were looking for catch phases and quotes. I have created a "dollar sign sandwich" which has become a great visual aide for my clients and friends.
    On the top of the page of your businesses plan place your name to remind you of who is the most important person in each transaction. On each side place five dollar signs. You are now in the middle of a dollar sign sandwich . Entrepreneurs can lose focus as tasks consume them.
    Www.startfromwhereyouare.com

---
    Entrepreneurial Coach, Ken Esrig http://www.mistproductions.net

• 344 posts
    May 2, 2011 6:06 PM EDT

As you know, I am always on the lookout for great quotes and quality content on self development or self help tips. Today's topic is about Entrepreneurship and tips on how to become a successful Entrepreneur. Having an entrepreneurial spirit is the foundation of Entrepreneurship... it is an essential characteristic of a successful Entrepreneur.

1. Make relationship with other Entrepreneurs

Try connecting with as many entrepreneurs as possible. Hang out with them. Make friends, because you are who your friends are. It is better to live in a location filled with entrepreneurs

2. Find a simple solution to a big problem

3. Take your hobby as a business

4. Recover from mistakes and failures

5. Connect with Entrepreneurs through social media

6. Have a personal blog to brand yourself and your business

Create a personal blog which tells your customers or clients about you and your business. It helps you to build your personal image and also helps your business

7. Self promotion and marketing

Always be ready and comfortable with self promotion and marketing. Learn the tactics and skills for marketing yourself. Make use of technology to promote your business.
    8. Always believe in yourself and your idea

Every new idea is a joke, until one man achieves it.  Let it be a great idea or a moderate idea, always believe it will work.  Accept criticism, no matter who gives it to you.

Also, this is as good a time as any to be an entrepreneur. The economy is growing; the government is supporting new ventures through various measures in the recent budget. And most importantly, the number of avenues for growth and the kind of opportunities available are unparalleled today.

So go on, what's stopping you from being your own boss?

Always keep things simple and sensitive. Simplicity is essential. An entrepreneur always finds a simple solution to a big problem.

---

Global buy sell B2B trade marketplace

• 54 posts
    September 9, 2011 6:47 AM EDT

I love the idea "take your hobby as business"

---
    Transpanish - Spanish Translations and TransPortuguese - Portuguese Translations.

• 33 posts
    September 14, 2011 10:41 PM EDT

Hi,

Here are some tips to become a successful entrepreneur.

1. Planning Is Essential

2. Get Discipline

3. Keep It Simple, Stupid

4. Work Harder Than Everybody Else

5. Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Pubs for Sale