Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

Accounting For Your Business . . . Virtually

• 2 posts
    July 13, 2008 2:17 PM EDT
    This is an interesting discussion. You can take your concept one step further. What about keeping the customer contact piece inthe US (for time zone and language/cultural reasons) and send the background work to India. We are offering people like yourselves a private-label serv ice. We do the accounting for you while you focus on customer relationship and understanding the customer`s business. Have you thought about it?
    • 2 posts
    July 13, 2008 6:27 PM EDT
    We can definitely help you out. Please contact me at dev@indevia.com or 888-946-3384  to discuss your specific needs. We can provide complete bookkeeping servies from paying the bills to applying your collections to your invoices. Look forward to hearing from you.  Dev
    • 2 posts
    November 9, 2007 6:48 AM EST

As part of a virtual whole-office operation company, I`ve discovered that potential clients may sometimes be a bit leery of virtual accounting services. Has anyone else come upon this issue? If so, how do you handle it? Following is a piece I wrote to address the concerns. 

We live in a world where immediacy is almost a given. Fast food. Drive-through pharmacies. News as it happens . . . sometimes before. Yet when it comes to our business needs, we often don`t see what`s right at our fingertips--the opportunity for quality, real-time, and creative book-balancing. The speed and effectiveness of the internet has made internal bookkeeprs sometimes nearly obsolete.

Virtual accounting marries the old ways of monthly balances and spreadsheets with a bookkeeper who may be a keystroke, rather than a car ride, away. Whether our accounting services are in the next block or five states away, the matter of most importance, when we really think about it, is the quality of the service, not the physical distance from our office.

Almost everyone owns a computer these days. It’s a safe bet to say that businesses couldn’t efficiently operate without them. As professionals, most of us are forever looking for better ways to file our documents, streamline our correspondence, and—since it is the lifeline of any profit—get the most out of our bottom dollar.

Consider the idea of virtual back-office services, and how they can improve your accounting operations. By leveraging the strength of online accounting software with experienced, skilled accounting professionals, you can have an efficient bookkeeping system that gives you peace of mind. Through a number of innovative tools including a document transfer system, a virtual bookkeeper provides you with a cost effective and comprehensive system to manage all your accounting needs, always keeping the accurate, timely financial data you need to confidently run your company available to you at a moment’s notice. You get a full charge bookkeeping personal advisor, up-to-date on your monthly financial reports and meetings, and right there to take care of your immediate and long-term accounting needs.

Do you really need a bookkeeper that lives near you if you can talk to her by phone whenever it’s important to do so, forward documents to him via e-mail at the click of the “send” key, or even review those documents together online via conferencing capabilities? What all businesses need, what is most important, is to have a bookkeeping system that covers all the financial aspects of the operation, from payroll to tax compliance, and everything in between.

What are you missing out on if you have your needs met through a virtual administrative company rather than an old-fashioned bookkeeper down the street?

Absolutely nothing. Not a thing.

Consider the benefits when you use a virtual accounting assistant:

• You save money by not having to hire an in-house bookkeeper.
    • You may save even more money by eliminating the need for costly software upgrades – that’s all part of the virtual bookkeeper package.
    • Data input and submission is simplified by the use of savvy electronic features.
    • All reports and information stay at your fingertips, right on your computer.
    • Data and communication are kept secure with the most up-to-date security systems.
    • You save money, time, and aggravation by allowing a trusted accounting professional to do what she does best . . . and you are free to do what you do best – build your business!

In today’s fast-paced existence, where every second that passes without the most efficient use of time might count for lost revenue, it’s vitally important for small business owners to get five quarters out of every dollar. If that savings comes to you via a reputable, well-run, virtual bookkeeper knowledgeable about the latest business operating procedures, chances are your business will benefit from not only the added profit, but also from your expanded awareness of all opportunities available to you . . . just a few keystrokes away.  

---
    Linda Alexander
    www.MyBusinessAssistant.com
    linda.alexander@mybusinessassistant.com

• 2 posts
    November 12, 2007 2:06 AM EST
    Linda:

I`ll bet you don`t know who this is . . . but I know who YOU are &, gosh, it`s a SMALL, small world, even a la cyberspace!!

I join in w/this group in my capacity working with a virtual assistance company & post an article, & who is the first person to respond -- a "sister" from WIN! Ain`t life grand?! This is Linda Alexander. SO good to hear from you & my thanks for such a wonderful response. I think I`m going to like it here!

-- Linda

---
    Linda Alexander
    www.MyBusinessAssistant.com
    linda.alexander@mybusinessassistant.com

• 412 posts
    July 13, 2008 3:55 PM EDT
    Actually, I could use an occasional bookkeeper for my business. I have QuickBooks Simple Start, and as easy as the user interface is, I just don`t know enough about it ( overall accounting ) to know if I`m doing things right or not. I`ve gotten so frustrated with it that I haven`t opened it in a month to do anything in it.

A VA would be perfect for me.

---
    M Hall
    Website Critique Community
    International Society of Curmudgeons

• November 11, 2007 6:55 AM EST
    I couldn`t agree more, Linda.  I have many clients in other states and can actually get their work done faster by going online to get the information I need to keep their books up to date.  Faster, in fact, than dealing with some of my local clients who can`t always find time to get their paperwork to me.

I pick up the local work if it`s within a reasonable distance.  If not, I offer online services to companies outside of a 20-mile radius of my office.

You`re absolutely right about making the most efficient use of your time in running a business.  Virtual bookkeeping allows you to do your job without distraction and the bookkeeper can access your records at anytime, even while you sleep. <smile> 

I`m up most mornings between 3 am and 4 am and, since my office is at home, I can just get right to work when I can access accounts online.  There`s absolutely no waiting until 8 am when my clients` doors are open to pick up paperwork.  Then, when everything`s ready, we print to a PDF or Excel document and send you all the reports you need at any moment that you require them.  See?  Easy!

There are many, many benefits to outsourcing to a virtual bookkeeper.  Plus, many of us accept credit cards and PayPal so we can accept payments at the click of a button.  Not having to run to the bank makes the fees worth it because the only time we can "earn our keep" is when we`re sitting here working, not when we go to the bank.

Doing business virtually makes a great deal of sense, something I never even considered would be in my future when I started my business back in 1999.  Isn`t technology wonderful?
  • November 12, 2007 2:37 AM EST
    Wow!  No, I sure didn`t know who this was.  In fact, if you hadn`t given me your name I would have had to go to your profile to find out.  How ARE you these days?  I haven`t seen you posting much at WIN but I did see your post from last night and I know you`re incredibly busy.

It always amazes me to come across my friends and sisters at other networks.  Ryze, WIN, Baby Boomer Diva Web of Fame inductees................. LOL.  What`s next?

Your post is a very good one, BTW.  Are you doing VA work now?  Or have you always done it and I just missed it in prior posts?   All I can say is.......  you have an incredible amount of talent ~ and one of these days I`ll get around to reading your books!  I`m impressed and proud of you for all you`ve accomplished.

Look forward to posting with you at SUN.  Welcome to the network.

Linda